The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I don’t know what Luka’s ultimately going to do with his career.

But the arbitrary assumption that he’s different than the swaths of Euros we’ve seen stay loyal to teams that drafted them is interesting.

I’m not saying it’s wrong - but genuinely curious What prompted this belief?

Because he’s never really said or done anything that suggests it.

Luka isn’t like Giannis or Jokic or Dirk. Who were basically found in low tier basketball divisions throughout Europe.

He went to Real Madrid at 13 years old. Arguably the biggest sports club/team on the planet. Arguably the best Basketball team in Europe almost every year.

Where he won everything there was to be won. I don’t see him “sticking it out” to be loyal.

That’s not how he or Real Madrid work. He knows how important winning is to his legacy.

Winning is all that matters in that culture. The culture he grew up in.

Just got back to the house after running some errands and guess what my wife was watching on TV? That’s right, 500 Days of Summer :lol: Total coincidence because I didn’t mention anything to her about over the last couple of days.

I started laughing when I saw it on and she was like, “why are you laughing? This part’s not funny. She’s being mean to him”. :lol:
Algorithms getting out of hand.

Luka isn’t like Giannis or Jokic or Dirk. Who were basically found in low tier basketball divisions throughout Europe.

He went to Real Madrid at 13 years old. Arguably the biggest sports club/team on the planet. Arguably the best Basketball team in Europe almost every year.

Where he won everything there was to be won. I don’t see him “sticking it out” to be loyal.

That’s not how he or Real Madrid work. He knows how important winning is to his legacy.

Winning is all that matters in that culture. The culture he grew up in.
That's all well and good.

But does he strike you as the guy that's gonna be OK running to someone else's team and letting that define his legacy/career?

That's all well and good.

But does he strike you as the guy that's gonna be OK running to someone else's team and letting that define his legacy/career?

Yes.

Because winning is all that matters.

He will pull that LeBron lever. Trust.

Luka seems like #FutureLaker material.

pray.gif

Back
Top Bottom