The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Hakeem 2nd greatest defensive player, greatest modern era defender of all time.

Few NBA players to win a ring without a legit elite co star beside him.

And won those championshipa in his post prime.

Hakeem is kind of similar to Kareem in that we only remember his post prime, and his true prime came on some terrible Houston Rockets teams.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh Jeter would get the same things in NY if he died tragically a few years after retiring. That’s the only other American athlete I can think of.

Steph will be another one.

That’s pretty much it when it comes to homegrown superstars that captivated a City for 10-15 years plus.

Their efficiency is basically the same.

Don't hate me, hate the numbers. Both under 45% from the field for their career, both under 33% from 3 for their career.

Not all efficiency is the same tho,

the bulk of Kobe's career came In a low efficiency era.

And unlike Russ, Kobe's efficiency while on the low side was incredibly resistant.

His efficiency generally stayed the same against great defenses and in the playoffs.

I get all of this. Take the rings argument out and he was still losing to the kings and the sonics. We gotta nitpick everything when it comes to top 10
No doubt I'm with that but was he underperforming like an Embiid in L's or rising like a Joker in L's?

That matters to me too🤷🏿‍♂️

but like you said you gotta split hairs somewhere with these players I get it

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan

but one day young people are gunna try and say

"oh Devin Booker is way more efficient so therefore he's better than Kobe."

And we can't let that happen. We gotta be the grumpy old heads and tell them no.

And we can't let that happen. We gotta be the grumpy old heads and tell them no.

Not a God damn person will say that about Devin Booker. :lol:

18x All Star (3rd All time)
15x All NBA (11 first team selections - tied 2nd all time)
12x All NBA Defense (9 first team selections - tied 1st all time)
2x scoring champ
1x league MVP
2x Finals MVP
5x champ

Sorry, just off the resume KD, Steph, Hakeem, hell Bird and possibly Shaq ain't got a better one than that.

The knock against Bean is his lack of regular season MVPs; everything else his accomplishments are as good as anyone in the top 4.

First off Kobe got 3 charity AS nods in his last 3 seasons. So we can go ahead and knock that down to 15.

3 of those rings were Shaqs. I don't count chips unless you were the FMVP. If we are giving sidekicks credit Pippen needs to be top 10 too.

KD, Bird, and Steph are better statistically the only one that you might be able to argue is Hakeem.

Only 1 MVP is a knock

Lets just put AI top 10 while we're at it then.

Bringing Devin Booker into this nonsense was so unnecessary. The chakras of this thread needs realigning...

dr-umar-dr-umar-sage.gif

First off Kobe got 3 charity AS nods in his last 3 seasons. So we can go ahead and knock that down to 15.

3 of those rings were Shaqs. I don't count chips unless you were the FMVP. If we are giving sidekicks credit Pippen needs to be top 10 too.

KD, Bird, and Steph are better statistically the only one that you might be able to argue is Hakeem.

Only 1 MVP is a knock

Mans said take the emotion out of it and all over this is a fictitious, hypothetical windbag take which really just does crystalize what we already know, you don't know ball. At all.

Mans said take the emotion out of it and all over this is a fictitious, hypothetical windbag take which really just does crystalize what we already know, you don't know ball. At all.

I’m not going to sit here and post entire stat sheets for each player.

The last paragraph I already told you statistically all those players are better than Kobe. If you want me to add screenshots I can. But I’m assuming you could just check it with your own internet connection.

Kobe Bryant is not a better individual player than KD, Steph, Bird or Shaq. Only true case you will have to put those guys below Kobe would be longevity. And all Steph and KD need are about 2 more seasons and that case is gone too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom