The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

This is the same blind vitriol Jordan stans throw at Bron.

At the end of the day y'all have basically confirmed that injury jokes are ok when the target is Ben Simmons, not ok if its Derrick Rose, Brandon Roy or some other player who's career has been hampered by injuries.

All because y'all don't like Ben. On some middle school girl ish :smh:.

dead (1).png

Dude on the left literally fell in love when he melted the cheese over that **** :lol:

Mans was literally salivating.

Yeah it's a shocking take that not preparing for the highest level of sport and mental illness can lead to physical injury. That's such a stretch to take in, isn't it? 💀

Do we even know the mechanism of his injury though? You can **** up your back doing anything.

I thought Ben Simmon was pretty overrated before the injuries and the mental breakdown.

his offense was essentially useless against high level play off opponents.

and his defense imo was wildly overrated. he's good on ball guy vs wings and gaurds, but he can't shoot well enough to play those positions,
so he's basically a power forward, but he doesn't really protect the rim or rebound well enough to be a good defensive PF.

but post mental breakdown and injuries he's barely an NBA player

Do we even know the mechanism of his injury though? You can **** up your back doing anything.

After a work out running up the stairs

Said it in the jj pod

"I was actually going up the stairs. Initially, I had some like soreness in my back when I was working out, then I went to like hop up the stairs, run up the stairs, and my whole right side just dropped. As soon as I went upstairs, I laid down and could not move.

"In Milwaukee, I had the same thing, where I went up, twisted and as soon as it happened I knew I couldn't even move, it shot down my leg. I was in so much pain the whole game ... I was throwing up because I was in so much pain. The pain goes all the way down your leg. I couldn't sit like this, so I couldn't sit in a car. Everything I was doing was just f—ing painful.

"But yeah, I ran up the stairs and my whole right side just dropped."

That wasn’t even his first injury in Brooklyn. He hurt his knee before the back injury.

Which is why I believe he was never in great shape after he dropped basketball in 2021.

I thought Ben Simmon was pretty overrated before the injuries and the mental breakdown.

his offense was essentially useless against high level play off opponents.

and his defense imo was wildly overrated. he's good on ball guy vs wings and gaurds, but he can't shoot well enough to play those positions,
so he's basically a power forward, but he doesn't really protect the rim or rebound well enough to be a good defensive PF.

but post mental breakdown and injuries he's barely an NBA player
Do you think that a lot of people are making jokes and being flippant about his serious back injuries because they don't like how things ended in Philly?

And if he was more well liked, that stuff would not be happening?

If Ben was truly the problem in philly then surely since his departure the 76ers have won championships and haven't had any other disgruntled star players.

Yet another pointless NT argument but D rose got hella jokes for being hurt all the time. I thought it was strange because this is when he never talked and didn't earn any hate, even before the comment about his son's graduation. But the photoshop of him as Mistah Don't Play had me rolling :lol:

Do you think that a lot of people are making jokes and being flippant about his serious back injuries because they don't like how things ended in Philly?

And if he was more well liked, that stuff would not be happening?

oh i agree, people are putting a lot of extra sauce on it because it's cool to hate him now.

and imo when it wasn't cool to hate him people exaggerated how good he was and ignored some of the glaring flaws in his game.

but i agree people are putting extra sauce on it today and pretending like he was never considered good.

Yet another pointless NT argument but D rose got hella jokes for being hurt all the time. I thought it was strange because this is when he never talked and didn't earn any hate, even before the comment about his son's graduation. But the photoshop of him as Mistah Don't Play had me rolling :lol:

This **** is so insane

If Ben was truly the problem in philly then surely since his departure the 76ers have won championships and haven't had any other disgruntled star players.

Its been 2 years and

IMG_0246.gif

That disgruntled star you are speaking of was never going to get a max from the sixers which is why he is a clipper today

You know what harden actually did although still not happy.. SHOWED UP TO PRACTICE AND FOLLOWED ALONG

And you know damn well he wasnt worth the max at 4 years with maxey ready to take off

Last edited:
Joking about injuries is lame. Especially if they put a career in jeopardy.

Calling someone soft for having a habit of taking games off after bumps and bruises is one thing, but I feel like the line should be drawn at legit injuries.

Back
Top Bottom