The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

If Hurley is really gonna be the coach, I assume Bron might leave…in that case I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bronny in the late lottery conversation. Sacramento or OKC even…

Na. Bron will stay.

The Bronny thing will be interesting tho. What would be the point of drafting Bronny now if the Lakers actually want to utilize their picks to make the team better.

That’s what they’re doing with Hurley, a youth revolution has to be the plan. Would the Lakers actually waste a pick on Bronny now? They won’t even get LeBron his coach. Now they’ll get him his son?

Lakeshow said they wanted a JJ Redick but older, bald and with the same arrogance he still had at Duke.

Male Kim Mulkey in LA?

giphy.gif

The report is a massive offer...not they are hiring Hurley.

Will be interesting to see what really plays out.

All time season, Vegas favorite. They’re not an underdog.

People just don’t like the Celtics :lol:

Haven't seen an anti-Boston take yet that was actually about basketball :lol:

"They're goofy". They are also 76-20 this season with the best clutch time net rating in these playoffs by a significant margin

"They haven't been tested". They've advanced to the Conference Finals or further in 6 of the last 8 seasons. Jrue Holiday has played in & won a Finals. Dallas also hasn't played anyone as good as Boston.

Going with Boston in 7 just cause you can't discount the best player in the series, but would not be surprised if this is over in 5 or 6.

They've been the betting favorite back to back years :lol:

Spinning them as underdogs is nasty work, they're just fun for other fanbases to hate like the Lakers

I don't think Bron really gonna take the coach into consideration with his decision. :lol:
I’m not saying Bron is considering coach but he clearly has been allowed significant input in front office matters on every team he’s been on since the he left Miami…

I think this would be a sign that he’s not as involved in Lakers front office as we think and while everyone seems confident he’s staying, I’m not so sure.

I think the right team drafting Bronny in hopes of getting Bron to come along on a mid level is absolutely in-play.

From the quick reactions, seems that Laker fans would prefer Hurley over JJ :lol:

He's a hell of a coach in college, just wonder how his approach would translate to the pros

Neither team has excuses

On paper Boston clearly has the matchup advantages on both ends

Particularly that Boston’s bigs can shoot

Defensively they have the personnel to defend Irving and as good as any team for Luka

They have the personnel to make Luka work on defense too

I’m not saying Bron is considering coach but he clearly has been allowed significant input in front office matters on every team he’s been on since the he left Miami…

I think this would be a sign that he’s not as involved in Lakers front office as we think and while everyone seems confident he’s staying, I’m not so sure.

I think the right team drafting Bronny in hopes of getting Bron to come along on a mid level is absolutely in-play.
Bron hasn't been involved with a coaching decision since the Ty Lue debacle, so I'm not surprised he's staying out of the way with this coaching hire.

I think his power has declined since the Westbrook trade. Lakers might listen to his pleas, but they won't bend over backwards for Bron like prior.

I don't see him leaving a $50M/year contract for $5-13M/year. He needs that seed money for the Vegas franchise.

People are betting the Mavs because of the value.

Not because they think the Mavs are better.

After Luka and Kyrie (and Kyrie is arguable) the Mavs can barely compete with how deep the Celtics are. They’re not even in the same realm.

So if it the Mavs pull this off it’s going to be insane.

Back
Top Bottom