The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

One thing we can give Bron credit for is showing us how an interview goes at the professional sports level for a head coach. And he did that over several episodes. Many people had no idea what all that entailed. When the Lakers hire their next coach, maybe they can ask Bron for help or watch his podcast.

By that same logic, why would some retread coach be any better?

For sure we’re gonna have to wait and see how he works out, but for me the idea is that an experienced coach would be able to “command the room” and adjust to the ups and downs of an NBA season for a team trying to win now.

JJ could lead the team to five chips in a row out of the gate and I’ll gladly eat my words :lol: but I’m not holding my breath for any success.

For sure we’re gonna have to wait and see how he works out, but for me the idea is that an experienced coach would be able to “command the room” and adjust to the ups and downs of an NBA season for a team trying to win now.
Joe Mazz just won a title in his second year as the youngest coach in the league. Didn’t play a second in the NBA. Still managed to get his players to buy in and be held accountable.

Lakers roster isn’t close to as good as Boston’s so you shouldn’t expect the same, but that doesn’t mean he can’t still be good at his job. He already has relationships with the most important players and seems to know his Xs and Os. If he hires some good assistants, I feel like he should be fine.

Rambis, Vogel, Byron and Luke would be a Mt Rushmore of assistant coaches

With Samaki Walker player development

arent you in detroit ?

thoughts on the pistons
Neither making playoffs

Same exact **** brother. Pistons are morons too. They thought they could throw money at a dude that didn’t want to coach and expected him to take this seriously :lol: they got finessed and I’m glad

Gores is the worst owner in the league

Joe Mazz just won a title in his second year as the youngest coach in the league. Didn’t play a second in the NBA. Still managed to get his players to buy in and be held accountable.

Lakers roster isn’t close to as good as Boston’s so you shouldn’t expect the same, but that doesn’t mean he can’t still be good at his job. He already has relationships with the most important players and seems to know his Xs and Os. If he hires some good assistants, I feel like he should be fine.

Joe had assistant coach experience and was around college for awhile at least. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic like I'm imagining JJ being in over his head a lot this season.

I'm going to try to stop being so pessimistic starting today. Here's to the next Kerr, Kidd, I Mean he has a K in his last name as well, right?

xk1u2clw3s7d1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom