The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Do the Cavs trade Garland or what

He is at his lowest value since his rookie season and can easily play his way to increased value. If he gets traded, I see it happening at the deadline. He does need to go for a solid wing player though.

It really goes to show that even if you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, there's always a way out.
Desperately gotta win on the margins. And I've never been a MARK CUBAN SUCKS guy, but the passing of the torch to Nico Harrison and Cuban getting out of the room more definitely appears to have helped.

Now they're sitting on a roster that just went to the Finals without a single bad contract, a load of young guys that haven't hit their primes, and added another champion to the room that pretty seamlessly addresses their biggest problem in the Finals.

Need PJ to be the shooter he was his first few years in the L and sit around 37-38% for a full year. Need what feels like the inevitable Lively jump. Have bullets for one more key piece move that I'd probably wait til the deadline for at this point.

Lively looked like a train wreck. Dude was just flopping and flailing all over the place. I didn't see much of him leading up to the finals but was hearing all sort of good things and was very underwhelmed. Must've just been a bad series because gawd damn.

No star seems to be turning down a max offered by their team now. its gonna be hard building of FA’s

I believe that was the point of introducing Max contracts. However, nothing stops them from getting the money and requesting a trade anyway. :lol:

Lively looked like a train wreck. Dude was just flopping and flailing all over the place. I didn't see much of him leading up to the finals but was hearing all sort of good things and was very underwhelmed. Must've just been a bad series because gawd damn.

I may be mistaken, but the moment Maxi came back from injury, the effectiveness of both Lively and Gafford seemed to have decreased. Just from the eye test I feel like that messed up the chemistry.

Tough match-up/big moment/trying to do too much.

He looked way better in the Western Conference playoffs. I think he’s legit, especially considering how young he is. Great athlete and good basketball IQ. But has lots of room for improvement.

Desperately gotta win on the margins. And I've never been a MARK CUBAN SUCKS guy, but the passing of the torch to Nico Harrison and Cuban getting out of the room more definitely appears to have helped.

Now they're sitting on a roster that just went to the Finals without a single bad contract, a load of young guys that haven't hit their primes, and added another champion to the room that pretty seamlessly addresses their biggest problem in the Finals.

Need PJ to be the shooter he was his first few years in the L and sit around 37-38% for a full year. Need what feels like the inevitable Lively jump. Have bullets for one more key piece move that I'd probably wait til the deadline for at this point.

Agreed. It's too bad they lost both DJJ and Josh Green. With Luka, Kyrie, and now Klay, perimeter defence is going to be a gaping hole. Hopefully Quintin Grimes steps it up a notch and Exum continues his strong play.

I may be mistaken, but the moment Maxi came back from injury, the effectiveness of both Lively and Gafford seemed to have decreased. Just from the eye test I feel like that messed up the chemistry.

Tough match-up/big moment/trying to do too much.

He looked way better in the Western Conference playoffs. I think he’s legit, especially considering how young he is. Great athlete and good basketball IQ. But has lots of room for improvement.
A 20 year old kid in the biggest games of his life in a matchup that glaringly didn't really suit him at that stage. Bundle in Boston suffocating his exit valves in the corners on all the high post stuff, alongside the stuff Boston did to mitigate the lob game... Just a bad matchup all the way.

But the two games back in Dallas were good. And despite the shot block numbers not being there, he was still a damned solid defensive anchor most of that whole series.

He showed a ton this year in terms of feel as a short roll passer ... They just need dudes to reliably make shots or attack closeouts off his decision making at the FT when teams blitz Luka.

Last edited:
Agreed. It's too bad they lost both DJJ and Josh Green. With Luka, Kyrie, and now Klay, perimeter defence is going to be a gaping hole. Hopefully Quintin Grimes steps it up a notch and Exum continues his strong play.
Defense sparked their run to the Finals. Now they lost their best perimeter defenders to give Klay and his ego a starting role. I don't know..

For a rookie I felt like Lively played really well most of the playoffs. Especially in the WCF. He didnt have the best Finals but hes a rookie. Hell the whole Mavs played like buns so its really a moot point. But bro far outdid his projections for me coming out of Duke last year. Went to the perfect team.

Lively and Gaff needed to make Tatum pay for guarding them. They couldn’t make him pay for it at least on the offensive glass.

Lively and Gaff needed to make Tatum pay for guarding them. They couldn’t make him pay for it at least on the offensive glass.
Gafford got him a few times, but wasn’t something they were gonna just keep spamming.

Tatum being able to run point on offense and then pretty successfully defend 1-5 on defense was pretty special. Not a whole lot of players doing that.

Lively will be solid though.

Back
Top Bottom