The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Dray telling Steph they the best duo in the league now

draymond-green-kevin-durant.gif

Sounds like Klay needs a therapist. He's gonna get cooked in Dallas. The fans love Luka. They don luh you like that goofy.

Why does it seem that in every dynasty, outside of Miami, the stars didn't like each other :lol:

It’s just like a typical job, classroom, etc. you’re not going to happy hour with certain people or hanging out with certain folks outside of work. I’m sure most of us have played sports on some level and have many teammates who we disliked. Only got along for the greater good of the team

It’s just like a typical job, classroom, etc. you’re not going to happy hour with certain people or hanging out with certain folks outside of work. I’m sure most of us have played sports on some level and have many teammates who we disliked. Only got along for the greater good of the team

Also, when you build through drafts (as the Warriors did), it's not like Steph, Klay and Dray were all buddies. They just ended up working together. It's not unlike how the Seahawks imploded when money and egos got in the way. The Seahawks built their Super Bowl team through excellent drafting, but when things went sideways, it fell off a cliff. Still, Richard Sherman and Kam own a restaurant together that opened last year. It wasn't all bad.

Edit: I should add that the OG Thunder squad was like this. Durant, Westbrook and Harden (and Ibaka) were all drafted in a row., so it's not like they colluded to make that team. They rose up quick, then traded Harden, and eventually Durant realized he just wasn't going to win with Westbrook as a sidekick. It's nobody's fault, really. The team made one decision, their star made another. They just came close and it never worked out. As OP said, I do not envision a world where Durant and Westbrook were grabbing postgame drinks after games. Maybe they did. I dunno. But there was a clear disconnect at a certain point, and it flared up in that 2016 WCF. They completely fell apart the last two games after destroying the Warriors for multiple games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom