The Official NBA Season Thread: Germany, Serbia, France, USA Advance | Lauri Markkanen Signs Extension

Again, dudes that were these are their "dressing up" shoes wanna talk...

71LxUwIGknL._AC_UY900_.jpg

:smh: :smh:
Y'all got Rusty so mad he's typing in broken English :smh: :smh:

Also the Book 1 is one of the strangest signature shoe releases in awhile. I haven't seen a single pair in the real world yet. Nike Basketballs marketing budget must of shrunk too. Or maybe they don't see the value in commercials anymore.
The reality is people don't really rock basketball kicks like that anymore. Millennials wore basketball kicks 24/7, but now they've aged and have shifted preference a lot to brands like Hoka/NB that make more supportive/comfortable shoes. Meanwhile, younger generations have less interest in sports in general, and don't rock basketball shoes the way we did.

My bro is a design director for Nike Global Basketball and the company just is kind of flailing in general at the moment, at a really big crossroad culturally/economically.

The reality is people don't really rock basketball kicks like that anymore. Millennials wore basketball kicks 24/7, but now they've aged and have shifted preference a lot to brands like Hoka/NB that make more supportive/comfortable shoes. Meanwhile, younger generations have less interest in sports in general, and don't rock basketball shoes the way we did.

My bro is a design director for Nike Global Basketball and the company just is kind of flailing in general at the moment, at a really big crossroad culturally/economically.
That's facts. Being a 95 born kid and the last millennial (literally my birth year is the last of that generation) I definitely see the change. My HS/early college years were the last gen that wore basketball shoes casually. That's not even a thing anymore. Also you hit the nail right on the head with the younger generation not into sports like we were. Unless your parents are actively putting you in that space, most kids would rather game these days. Its kinda scary.

Back
Top Bottom