The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

CP3 otw to portland, to save another young team with no clear direction

1695914360026.gif

I mean that’s pretty much as good it gets :lol: maybe include JJJ or Caleb but those certainly aren’t the deal breakers if you look at the deal they agreed to.

It appears Cronin just hated the repeated public statements about Miami being the preference :lol:. He took it personal.

He still ultimately did good by Dame so it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day. Sucks for Heat fans tho.
portland wanted JJJ AND caleb martin

I mean that’s pretty much as good it gets :lol: maybe include JJJ or Caleb but those certainly aren’t the deal breakers if you look at the deal they agreed to.

It appears Cronin just hated the repeated public statements about Miami being the preference :lol:. He took it personal.

He still ultimately did good by Dame so it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day. Sucks for Heat fans tho.
Nope!!! Apparently that Miami deal was utter garbage according to a lot in here lol

Pat Riley was right not to call back and offer more

i think this was genius on Dames part. Believe he secretly wanted to go to a super competitor team Bucks not pretenders like Miami. So easier to just call out Miami as the go to spot and then probably quietly said to management he’s fine with Bucks too lol.

If reports are true re: Portland not wanting to engage Miami

This is the 3rd time I remember a player not playing his cards right to go to his desired location

Paul George
Kawhi
Lillard

Don’t be so obvious about a specific place. Do it quietly and give a few teams with one team circled.

Making trades out of spite did the Spurs wonders when they traded Kawhi for ultimately Poetl and a second rounder or something.

Not sure how drama never ending served anyone :lol:, pretty sure Shams got sources on all sides for his exposé.

His own cousin was alluding to exactly what Shams wrote, after the news yesterday. Cronin never had any interest in working out a deal with his preference.

Holiday, Ayton and 3 unprotected picks isn't better than the Miami deal?
Ayton for Nurk is unrelated, no? If Phoenix was fed up with Ayton I don’t think Grayson Allen is the deal breaker.

Jrue + 1 Bucks pick & 2 pick swaps from the Bucks going to Portland. They’re gonna flip Jrue to a contender for another pick, maybe two.

So you end up with Miami’s offer at the end. Multiple firsts + pick swaps.

I guess you can argue that you’d want more future firsts from different teams rather than just one, especially with the flattened lottery odds. I can’t disagree there

Not sure how drama never ending served anyone :lol:, pretty sure Shams got sources on all sides for his exposé.

His own cousin was alluding to exactly what Shams wrote, after the news yesterday. Cronin never had any interest in working out a deal with his preference.
I think it's negligible at best. They're betting on the downfall on Milwaukee who's never sustained much pre Giannis vs a team/organization that consistently reloads and competes. Jrue's creating a bidding war at the moment.

It's meh that either offer stands out as significantly better. To me. You are welcome to feel differently.

Ayton for Nurk is unrelated, no? If Phoenix was fed up with Ayton I don’t think Grayson Allen is the deal breaker.

Jrue + 1 Bucks pick & 2 pick swaps from the Bucks going to Portland. They’re gonna flip Jrue to a contender for another pick, maybe two.

So you end up with Miami’s offer at the end. Multiple firsts + pick swaps.

I guess you can argue that you’d want more future firsts from different teams rather than just one, especially with the flattened lottery odds. I can’t disagree there
I'm guessing the Miami picks weren't unprotected. Jrue definitely has more demand than Herro so we'll see how that goes

Feel like it’s highly doubtful either Yanni or Dame are on Milwaukee come 2028, and the chances of them being a bad team are much higher than Miami, who is generally pretty decent. Could potentially be a similar situation to the Brooklyn/Boston trade where those swaps are extremely valuable.

Back
Top Bottom