The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League / USA vs AUS at noon ET on FS1

I can already tell Risacher doesn’t have a killer instinct. You can’t be a #1 pick playing this passive. It’s summer league, you have the green light to go crazy. It’s obvious dude was a 3rd or 4th option on his French team, definitely not an alpha. We finishing 11th or 12th for sure.

There are glimpses of risachers skills. He showed he can really handle, pass, drive and shoot. ATL coaches need to make him initiate the offense like how the spurs are using castle.

My #1 peeve of summer league is the lack of coaching and offense structure. Too many fringe G-leaguer hogs out there playing hero ball. Every team has 1-2 nobodys doing way too much, chucking shots every time they get a touch or drive recklessly into traffic causing turnovers. They somehow think points and stats will automatically earn them a roster spot

Same with sarr. He’s a beast on defense but invisible on offense bc of bad guard play. you can’t tell hes a lotto pick. Post him up every other possession. Run a pick and roll or pick and pop. He has a decent jumper. Dude dropped 2-3 threes.

It’s a waste of time letting trash players run your summer league like pickup game bullies. Make your lotto picks the focal point and give them the reps they need. That should be a given but maybe coaches need to level set roles better.

There are glimpses of risachers skills. He showed he can really handle, pass, drive and shoot. ATL coaches need to make him initiate the offense like how the spurs are using castle.

My #1 peeve of summer league is the lack of coaching and offense structure. Too many fringe G-leaguer hogs out there playing hero ball. Every team has 1-2 nobodys doing way too much, chucking shots every time they get a touch or drive recklessly into traffic causing turnovers. They somehow think points and stats will automatically earn them a roster spot

Same with sarr. He’s a beast on defense but invisible on offense bc of bad guard play. you can’t tell hes a lotto pick. Post him up every other possession. Run a pick and roll or pick and pop. He has a decent jumper. Dude dropped 2-3 threes.

It’s a waste of time letting trash players run your summer league like pickup game bullies. Make your lotto picks the focal point and give them the reps they need. That should be a given but maybe coaches need to level set roles better.
Easier said than done

There’s dude out there trying to make a roster and make dreams come true, it ain’t even about the lottery picks. There spot is guaranteed in a sense

nba-klay-thompson.gif

Calipari is a GOAT level recruiter but he has wasted so much talent. In the era of older college players due to the NIL its no surprise Kentucky wanted to separate. Overrated coach. No way in hell this dude every year gets all this talent every year and he cant maximize them on the floor.

I know its SL, but its pretty clear why people viewed this draft so poorly.

Feels like one of those drafts where its just all potential. Bunch of Anthony Randolphs and Anthony Bennets

I know it's only summer league, but I am liking Risacher's game. It's well balanced and is playing unselfish.

I know its SL, but its pretty clear why people viewed this draft so poorly.

Feels like one of those drafts where it’s just all potential. Bunch of Anthony Randolphs and Anthony Bennets
Ehh I think it’s pretty easy to see how a lot of these guys slot in as rotation/role pieces.

The top end all-league/all-star potential just wasn’t really there.

Lu Dort is 6’5 and built like a tank broe

Bronny is 6’2 and doesnt have the skills of Deanthony Melton

to be fair Dort was year older tho right?

Dort was 6' 2.75' without shoes and 10 pounds heavier.

doesn't seem totally out of the realm of possibility he could be a Dort type.

it's all a longshot tho. he is the 55th pick after all.

Rockets are in the perfect position to make a trade and consolidate talent. Theres just no one available worth trading for.

I cant really think of anyone

I hope the Rockets ownerhsip realize that rushing your way to success will just lead to mediocrity. With that said, even if a star will not be available now, one will eventually request a trade. The hope is that Green, Thompson, and Sengun all make mini leaps.

In terms of trade though, FVV's contract is too large to trade this year. Maybe next year as an expiring though...

Back
Top Bottom