The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

He 20 & 2 assists out of the 46 total :lol:
I don't think it's a scheme thing as much as it is Scottie needing to be more aggressive. Lately he seems to be coasting the first half-3 quarters and then looking to score in the fourth. He's pass first almost to a fault.
Off the ball he can set a screen for Freddy, Trent, or OG. Defense stays in the paint, it’s an open 3. Defense shows, it’s a dump off & now Scotty has a 4 on 3 going downhill.

On the ball he can run a DHO, defense has to make the same decision.

If those 3 guys continue to build homes on open shots like they have all year then you can give Flynn more burn and run the same action.

just throwing him the ball 25 feet away from the rim & telling him to attack a set defense will never work consistently.

But if the defense is straight up ignoring him, there are ways to get him downhill & most importantly downhill with an advantage.

He 20 & 2 assists out of the 46 total :lol:

Off the ball he can set a screen for Freddy, Trent, or OG. Defense stays in the paint, it’s an open 3. Defense shows, it’s a dump off & now Scotty has a 4 on 3 going downhill.

On the ball he can run a DHO, defense has to make the same decision.

If those 3 guys continue to build homes on open shots like they have all year then you can give Flynn more burn and run the same action.

just throwing him the ball 25 feet away from the rim & telling him to attack a set defense will never work consistently.

But if the defense is straight up ignoring him, there are ways to get him downhill & most importantly downhill with an advantage.
I felt like this was said in years past about Simmo

This is what you call systemic racism. They'll let you shxx on black athletes and sports figures all day and night... Kyrie, Vick, Watson etc. But they put in gag orders to protect the white dudes' images. They did the same thing when Peyton Manning got caught up in the steroid scandal. I'm sleep tho

Didn't need to do too much to tank to begin with, but woof.

Romeo Langford SZN tho :pimp:

D982552C-D22A-426B-A10F-8D00D258EC42.jpeg

I mean there are several ways to easily & effectively attack this scheme :lol:

Nurse needs to apply some of that defensive creativity to the other end of the floor. It’s a pretty basic offensive adjustment

Sure, but it's not really relevant to the point.

dillon brooks having the ultra green light with the second unit is wild. JJJ and Tyus on the floor, too, but they’ll play thru brooks :sick:

Sure, but it's not really relevant to the point.
His skillset has significant room for improvement that’ll likely never happen.

The current offense isn’t maximizing his existing skillset, which could also help elevate one of the league’s most anemic halfcourt offenses.

Both things are true, both things are issues. Coaching has ruined plenty talented rosters in the past so it’s nothing to gloss over

Back
Top Bottom