The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Russ might have been able to rehab his image the past week and a half but I know damn sure he didn’t rehab his jumper. I don’t know what folks are seeing in him
He can create fast breaks, get to the basket and rebound well for his position. All things the Clippers could theoretically. The trick is getting him to do just that stuff and also keep the horrific turnovers to a minimum.

Them beating you =/= Russ proving ANYTHING

Is this a difficult concept to grasp? Nobody is mentioning anything about causation. I'm predicting that if the Clippers and Lakers meet up that the Clippers will win a series. The Lakers traded away Russ cause he was the problem and he signs with the team across the hall, would he not get the last laugh in said scenario? Why everyone gotta be so daft and just take the statement for what it is.

In theory, this could work for Clipset if they didn’t promise him anything. (i.e use him as a 5 min spark plug)

But unfortunately I get the vibe he’s definitely gonna play 20+ min a game and if not already, get the starting spot. He will sulk if he doesn’t get playing time like he did on the Lakers.

Also now Clippers will spend 20 or so games trying to acclimate to his play-style, granted PG is there so he knows how to play with him, It’ll still be tough work cause Russ not a plug and play type dude.

He's now the leader of the Clippers if you think about it.

Is this a difficult concept to grasp? Nobody is mentioning anything about causation. I'm predicting that if the Clippers and Lakers meet up that the Clippers will win a series. The Lakers traded away Russ cause he was the problem and he signs with the team across the hall, would he not get the last laugh in said scenario? Why everyone gotta be so daft and just take the statement for what it is.
Because Russ isnt gonna magically become a 40% 3pt shooter,less turnover prone, efficient at layups or an efficient player period just cause he's wearing a Clipper uniform.He hasnt done it at any other stop. :lol:

russ.jpeg

Lets add an extra door for the Clippers.

He can create fast breaks, get to the basket and rebound well for his position. All things the Clippers could theoretically. The trick is getting him to do just that stuff and also keep the horrific turnovers to a minimum.

That’s where I think there might be an issue, particularly playing with starters. I know the Lakers weren’t great last season or this season prior to the trade but it’s just really hard to imagine him losing all of his bad habits in two weeks. Although any significant adjustment would bolster credibility behind the claims of toxicity in the Lakers locker room and lack of leadership from Bron/Ham IMO.

I would generally have more blind faith but Russ didn’t even get a change of scenery. He’s gonna be living in the same crib, making the same commute, going to the same locker room, just with new coworkers :lol:

What did we say last year when Russ joined the Lakers? IT WILL NOT WORK. Nobody believed that **** would work. Russ does NOT want to adjust, won't even try to adjust. He's like this is ME. Love it or hate it.

Russ needs a team where he can be ball dominate and he's the key figure, like an OKC or WASH. Problem is, there is not team like that or Russ, or willing to play to his nature. Russ is older and his level of basketball IQ has dropped to the earths core. I'm not sure who brainwashed Clips management or if Jerry is on vacation, but this makes no sense.

What did we say last year when Russ joined the Lakers? IT WILL NOT WORK. Nobody believed that **** would work. Russ does NOT want to adjust, won't even try to adjust. He's like this is ME. Love it or hate it.

He is who he is at this point. Let him come off the bench with 4 capable shooters and try to play as fast as possible.

There's nothing else you can do. He wont adjust because he cant.

is Russ the MVP of this thread? Feel like discussion about him has dominated the season thus far.

Trading for him made the Lakers worse so everyone mocked him while secretly rooting for him on due to chaos he brought to the team for a year and a half. Now that he is gone, everyone wants to see him succeed so they can say “SeE! tHe LaKeRs BrOkE RuSs!” and act like he is the reason why the team who is currently 4th in the conference would beat the Lakers who are 13th. It doesn’t make much sense but that’s just the way it is :lol:

He is who he is at this point. Let him come off the bench with 4 capable shooters and try to play as fast as possible.

There's nothing else you can do. He wont adjust because he cant.

They already had Powell and then added Gordon and plumlee. The bench was going to be fine especially if you wanted to stagger the Kawhi/PG minutes

Clippers hustling backwards

Going to need these next few days to fly by and game play to resume. Gotta get this Clips-train a’ rollin’ (or derailing)

Going to need these next few days to fly by and game play to resume. Gotta get this Clips-train a’ rollin’ (or derailing)

Just saw the Clippers first game back is at home vs. the Kings on Friday (LAC is 1GB from them for #3) so that should be a great introductory game for him

Back
Top Bottom