The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah we was scared as hell when he shot that... Anybody but Poole Party.

In my opinion this game was the peak of Carmelo Anthony's career. He went on to have some success in New York and score a lot of points but this was a single most impressive performance he ever gave.

Super physical game where he not only spent a lot of time guarding prime Kobe on defense but also dominated on offense. After this game I remember thinking Melo was going to win multiple MVPs and be a consistent top 5 player.

Forgot melo was 15. They ever talk about plans to honor him? put his name up somewhere. Doubt they retire that number since jok has taken it

What bigs has AD played against so far in the playoffs ? :lol:

I know you meant offensively but he just played JJJ & Dray and that’s 2 of the best 5 defensive bigs in the game. Jokic isn’t that.

AD isn’t Jake Landale. He isn’t Gobert (in terms of individual defense against big centers) either though. Jokic had to work against Gobert. Off the top of my head I don’t think his numbers were that good in the first round. Gobert is stronger and bigger than AD. AD can def hold his own though too tho.

There’s not going to be any one coverage they do. They’ll switch it up.

- Single him with AD (or even Bron when AD sits). Make Jokic beat you and don’t give any space to his teammates.

- single him with Bron/Vando/Rui (maybe Wenyen?) and have AD play off AG on roam.

- double him with a guard while AD/Bron is on him and the other one waits in the paint to prevent cuts / easy buckets.

- front him with a guard for a few possessions with AD lurking on the backside.

Basically Jokic is going to see a bunch of looks. He has a super basketball computer brain so he’ll dissect em all. Just have to mix it up and make him work. Most important thing is not letting his teammates get easy buckets.

When have the Lakers looked like they've been in any real danger through two series so far?

I know you said first 2 series so it doesn’t count but it’s crazy this team was down double digits to the Timberwolves in the 4th quarter lol. We could’ve had this series in the 1st round.

Last edited:
Did james quit on multiple teams? He made a business decision leaving okc. Gave everything he had and his best years in Houston. Saw the writings on the wall in brooklyn and the tomfoolery with kyrie and ownership.

Other stuff he checks off

Is there an offseason thread? Or do we talk about Doc's firing here?

Why is Bud, Mike, and Monty on the list? why isn't Kenny on the list? Why are we only looking at the "known names" that's how we got to hiring Doc in the first place.

It all starts at the ownership level. We can't win anything unless Josh Harris takes a step back. Look how well the Kings have done since Vivek took a backseat and let actual basketball minds run the show.

Hear me out. You know who the Sixers could really use at Head Coach? Thomas Joseph Thibodeau Jr.

It's a perfect fit. A no-nonsense, grit & grind, tough it out coach that will have them prepared for every off-season.

Thibs should rebrand and go by TJ Thibodeau

I know the Lakers will be starting a player Denver doesn’t have to guard, but the nuggets will be starting 3 players that the Lakers will attack all day.

Back
Top Bottom