The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

They are a group of people who claim a religion and the picture was posted as a way to clown them.

In this new America, that should no longer be tolerated, no?

I'm sure there is at least one person here who identifies with them.
Spare me.

I didn't insult their views even though I disagree with them, I simply posted a picture of a group of them. I didn't even make a joke about their appearance. These are how they often dress in public.

While other people are trying to jerry-rig an argument to defend Kyrie using civil rights leaders, I am pointing out who are the people Kyrie Irving is taking their views from.

It is laughable to me that in this situation there Kyrie Irving flippantly tweets out a film with antisemitic views, and is flippant about taking responsibility for it, I am being insensitive for pointing out which group's views in motivating Kyrie's and in turn influencing his behavior

Anyone can identify with anything. But if they want to stand on their views and the group they belong to, good go ahead. But like I said before, people should be aware and discuss where Kyrie is getting views from.

Because Kyrie and his defenders sure haven't been

I hear you but we not about to compare Kanye and Kyrie to Malcolm. Malcolm could do interviews and answer 100 questions with facts, keeping his composure and being clear.

That's not the case with Kanye and Kyrie. Kanye begged for acceptance, thought he got it because of the money he had and when he got his wakeup call he threw a tantrum talking all over the place. Kyrie is just confused, it's always something with him. He thinks he's Malcolm Luther Einstein all in one and when asked simple questions about stuff he co-signs he can't back it up. It's hard to support dudes who don't know what they're talking about and just talk saying nothing.
they both sound like they are always going through an identity crisis.

kanye should have been taken out the paint long time ago when he linked up with racist *** republicans and was saying goofy **** like slavery was an option but his fans and supporters let him slide with that ****.

has kanye always been antisemite?

Spare me.

I didn't insult their views even though I disagree with them, I simply posted a picture of a group of them. I didn't even make a joke about their appearance. These are how they often dress in public.

While other people are trying to jerry-rig an argument to defend Kyrie using civil rights leaders, I am pointing out who are the people Kyrie Irving is taking their views from.

It is laughable to me that in this situation there Kyrie Irving flippantly tweets out a film with antisemitic views, and is flippant about taking responsibility for it, I am being insensitive for pointing out which group's views in motivating Kyrie's and in turn influencing his behavior

Anyone can identify with anything. But if they want to stand on their views and the group they belong to, good go ahead. But like I said before, people should be aware and discuss where Kyrie is getting views from.

Not for nothing ....

I agree with him ....

It was an intentional attempt to clown .....

You can be a scholar and try to school all of us with 100 page essays. You did that thing.

Whether thats the only group that would listen or not, it is a group with their religious beliefs.

You're clowning and making jokes about people comparing a civil right groups leader to a confused athlete but you aren't... scratch that, you are deflecting from he fact that Mr X had the same message that people like Kyrie a d Kanye are trying to convey. We aren't talking about any other view points, but the ones that got both of them in this mess.

Go on playa ...

And btw, if there was a emote chance that you wasn't intentionally trying to be funny, thats how it was perceived. As you know it perception can be reality.

The only difference here is that people will laugh at one and the other will not let anyone laugh at them.

If that was a nice orthodox jewish picture. It would have been deleted and you banned from the conversation.

Last edited:
They are a group of people who claim a religion and the picture was posted as a way to clown them.

In this new America, that should no longer be tolerated, no?

I'm sure there is at least one person here who identifies with them.
I can appreciate freedom of religion. That is a tenet of this United States.

I’m all for black empowerment. I don’t agree with a lot of their teachings.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/radical-hebrew-israelites

The pic Rusty shared can be found in this article by the SPLC. Some of the Black Hebrew Israelites groups are considered hate groups. Some would say it’s cultish.

But I don’t want to generalize ALL Hebrew Israelites. Nor would I want a sneaker head who happens to be one to feel shunned. Same for a Scientologist. Mormon. Rusty made no comments. I did. And If I insulted anyone, I meant no offense. I apologize. It was a little juvenile to attack their garb.

Spare me.

Understood.

That's all well and good. However, you still posted a pic as a way to demean a group of people.

I mean, some people can look at your avy and be offended. I don't know the meaning behind it at all but how would you feel if you're labeled a racist because of it?

That's essentially what has happened to Kyrie.

I was away for a bit of the beginning of the regular season and I feel like the NBA changed completely. Why are the Utah Jazz second in the West? Why is GSW 3-7? Outside of the Lakers being 2-6, none of this makes sense famb.
Looking at Utah, it turns out that Boston coaching staff was VERY strong. Will Hardy was Ime’s top guy. He knows his stuff.

Something to keep an eye on in Brooklyn in this first year anyway since Ime won’t get a chance to build his staff until the off-season.

Regarding the Warriors, as of now they have one of the worst benches in basketball :lol: The OG 4 + Wiggins are still great but when the bench comes in, everything goes awry :lol:

Starts with Poole. He’s still not much of a team defender and he can’t find the touch on the jumper early, so he’s been a (very) negative player so far.

He was great last year so he’s earned the benefit of the doubt, it’s the other guys on the bench that worry you.

the luxury tax forced them to get rid of GPII & Otto. Belly also decided to go back overseas.

So now they promoted the kids & early returns are not encouraging.

Wiseman basically came straight from high school hasn’t played in 2 years and is absolutely clueless.

Kuminga looks like he didn’t work on a single thing in the off-season.

Moody hasn’t shown anything outside of shooting 3s.

So long story short, the starting lineup is still good but Klay, Dray, & Looney can’t play big minutes at this point and the kids off the bench still look like they have a ways to go.

I can appreciate freedom of religion. That is a tenet of this United States.

I’m all for black empowerment. I don’t agree with a lot of their teachings.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/radical-hebrew-israelites

The pic Rusty shared can be found in this article by the SPLC. Some of the Black Hebrew Israelites groups are considered hate groups. Some would say it’s cultish.

But I don’t want to generalize ALL Hebrew Israelites. Nor would I want a sneaker head who happens to be one to feel shunned. Same for a Scientologist. Mormon. Rusty made no comments. I did. And If I insulted anyone, I meant no offense. I apologize. It was a little juvenile to attack their garb.
The SPLC would consider Many black leaders as terrorists according to their own definition. They consider any form of black nationalist or separatist as extremist, so that Means Garvey and Malcolm along with their respective followers would be listed in their database as "extremist hate groups". The Washington post had put out an article some years back questioning them and their measures that they use to define as "hate".

Nike tricked me into running for no reason, free league pass still doesnt even work. Bout to uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that works. In the meantime, team reebok for me from now on. All about the vector

they both sound like they are always going through an identity crisis.

kanye should have been taken out the paint long time ago when he linked up with racist *** republicans and was saying goofy **** like slavery was an option but his fans and supporters let him slide with that ****.

has kanye always been antisemite?

I don't think Kyrie is as out there as Kanye. I think Kyrie is searching for an identity like you said but it's like bruh you don't know everything and you quick to get defensive and act like you the only person that knows the truth. :lol:

Even black scholars, people that do black history and teach for a living ain't sitting back like "well I don't need to explain this to you people".

The SPLC would consider Many black leaders as terrorists according to their own definition. They consider any form of black nationalist or separatist as extremists, so that Means Garvey and Malcolm along with their respective followers would be listed in their database as "extremist hate groups".
I would not call them terrorists like say a KKK, White Identity groups, etc.

I think the better term is extremist. And again…I don’t want to lump every single one because you can go to New York and there’s different sects/groups. Nor have they ever been responsible for domestic terrorism. Again, I may not agree with their teachings. But I’m not here to insult anyone or go down a rabbit hole in a NBA Basketball thread.

+Nor do I want to dismiss this country’s history of treatment to Black Identity Organizations a la Black Panthers, NoI, etc.

I would not call them terrorists like say a KKK, White Identity groups, etc.

I think the better term is extremist. And again…I don’t want to lump every single one because you can go to New York and there’s different sects/groups. Nor have they ever been responsible for domestic terrorism. Again, I may not agree with their teachings. But I’m not here to insult anyone or go down a rabbit hole in a NBA Basketball thread.

+Nor do I want to dismiss this country’s history of treatment to Black Identity Organizations a la Black Panthers, NoI, etc.
Well, then they are not necessarily the best source for you to quote at this present time. Maybe 20 years ago, but now, if you identify as black empowerment that falls out of their political view of what black empowerment looks like, you'll be lambasted as some "terrorist" group according to them.

FFgxc9aVEAIeybR.jpg_large.jpg

Well, then they are not necessarily the best source for you to quote at this present time. Maybe 20 years ago, but now, if you identify as black empowerment, you'll be lambasted as some "terrorist" group according to them.
That’s why I corrected myself. Apologized. And keeping the thread focus on basketball. If ya want to discuss in the Black Culture or Caribbean thread, we can.

I like the new rule barring players from standing in the corner.

Next I’d like them to fix “compulsory high fives by everyone following every free throw”. That’s a fairly new thing and it’s just dumb.

Back
Top Bottom