The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Dead *** bro - I was just about to quote one of the above posts and mention this one when I saw Kawhi plane tracking (made me think of Clippers FA). As you alluded too, Uncle Dennis x Kawhi definitely belong in there too. Can't forget Ben Simmons physical/mental health drama last year either.

LeBron would have won more rings if he stayed on the Heat and let Riley do the work.

Instead of moving trying to move every 3-4 years and control each organization/front office.

2060C31D-D3B0-4727-9641-422008F16AAF.jpeg

LeBron would have won more rings if he stayed on the Heat and let Riley do the work.

Instead of moving trying to move every 3-4 years and control each organization/front office.
That team was dead in the water if he re-signed in 2014. Aging team and no flexibility.

I think Bron, Bosh and Wade could have had two more years but I don't think they beat they the Warriors either year. Not sure how the roster would have shaken out after that. Kyrie+Love was his best bet at a long-term Big 3. Then that 2018 Cavs team was pretty poorly constructed so he had no choice but to leave and the Lakers had the assets and cap space to get a "Top 10 player".

I respect the hell out of Riley but I am just not sure he could have constructed teams for 8 years that would produce 5 Finals runs and 2 chips.

That team was dead in the water if he re-signed in 2014. Aging team and no flexibility.

Agreed. It would have been a few rocky years after 2014. Absolutely

But I would have had faith Riley could have figured it out.

Miami still would have been a draw come free agency and the Bosh salary eventually came off the books when he got sick (if I’m not mistaken).

Riley finds players man.

Agreed. It would have been a few rocky years after 2014. Absolutely

But I would have had faith Riley could have figured it out.

Miami still would have been a draw come free agency and the Bosh salary eventually came off the books when he got sick (if I’m not mistaken).

Riley finds players man.
Bosh's salary didn't get cleared from the books until 2017.

I think Bron, Bosh and Wade could have had two more years but I don't think they beat they the Warriors either year. Not sure how the roster would have shaken out after that. Kyrie+Love was his best bet at a long-term Big 3. Then that 2018 Cavs team was pretty poorly constructed so he had no choice but to leave and the Lakers had the assets and cap space to get a "Top 10 player".

I respect the hell out of Riley but I am just not sure he could have constructed teams for 8 years that would produce 5 Finals runs and 2 chips.

I respect it.

Think if Bron had stayed in Miami KD never leaves to GS tho. Cause and effect.

Everyone in the league has been trying to counter LeBron’s moves for the last decade.

Interesting to think about from a parallel universe perspective. Idk.

Dragging this man's name every week with rumors :smh:

Rust is only worth a Josh Richardson and Doug McDermott now? :wow: I don't really see how this helps unless there are beneficial salary implications (their salaries are $25MM combined vs. $47MM for Rust). I guess they are 40%+ three point shooters but jeez man :lol:

Everyone in the league has been trying to counter LeBron’s moves for the last decade.

Interesting to think about from a parallel universe perspective. Idk.

It is even more interesting when you think about how his five losses came out of nowhere - Dallas was unexpected, Spurs in 2014 is debatable, the unexpected emergence of Golden State in 15 then KD teaming up with them as a result of the 2016 GSW Finals loss. I want to say I wish Draymond wasn't a BAN so KD would have stayed but they won last year so it balanced out. Still Top 3-5 depending on what you value so I would say things still ended up working out for him despite the 4-6 Finals record.

I really think 2011 was the only one of those his team should have won, though.

Aggregators at it again. Bill doesnt have the sources on this :lol:

looks like they took it from this podcast

"Then, Bill talks with The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor about the possibility of the Lakers' Anthony Davis being traded in-season, which teams have the most to offer, and which teams make the most sense to pursue him"

they took fantasy trade speculations to saying AD on the block

Back
Top Bottom