The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Is Howard Beck reputable?

Yes, but he's not really a news breaker.
Right. And I'd say he's a pretty random source for that piece of information.

That said, Russ coming back seems to make sense. He was better for the Clippers than he was for the Lakers, but not that good that I think any other teams are going to throw a big bag at him. Think I read the Clippers can pay him around $4M. He can take that and stay in LA.

That's really sad and I hope that people aren't doing that. The Nuggets are high in the list due to the strong craft beer scene in the city.
Honestly, since the metric was in-arena spending on alcohol, the way alot of Clippers home games are populated, I'm thinking that it was not just Clippers fans that pushed us to the top of the list. Clipers games at Crypto against the Lakers, Warriors, Bulls, Celtics, Knicks and some others are usually at least half full with the other teams' fans.

Wiz/Caps in preliminary talks to move to Arlington :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:
This is some bull****

I like when I am in town I can just catch the metro into the stadium and then catch back up to Silver Spring.

The Wizards aren't worth crossing the river for. Smh

It could be a negotiation tactic to get public funding for structural upgrades to Capital One Arena but the earliest they could even move is 2027 and that's if they pay off their $35MM bond. They would also have to find a place to build in Crystal City too so it probably wouldn't be until the decade. The accessibility of Capital One is crucial so I imagine it would suck to lose that for a lot of fans.

Regardless, first 4 Years of the Poole Party are safe in DC 8)

It could be a negotiation tactic to get public funding for structural upgrades to Capital One Arena but the earliest they could even move is 2027 and that's if they pay off their $35MM bond. They would also have to find a place to build in Crystal City too so it probably wouldn't be until the decade. The accessibility of Capital One is crucial so I imagine it would suck to lose that for a lot of fans.

Regardless, first 4 Years of the Poole Party are safe in DC 8)
You know what, now you mentioned it, I change my mind.

Put the Wizards in Lynchburg

5abr6q.png

What does everyone think about state funded arenas for sports teams? I have no problem with local communities not wanting to supplement team stadium buys. I also don't have a problem with teams that are in state funded (in whole or in part) stadiums or arenas.

Back
Top Bottom