The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

You’re picking a 2nd/3rd option over #1 options and/or players teams would start a franchise with. All of these guys are 2 way players except Kyrie. And Kawhi is 2 time DPOY and both he and Jimmy have more All-Defensive awards. We’ve seen all these guys do what they do on multiple teams and for better or for worse, Klay has been on one team with the greatest shooter of all-time drawing a ton of attention. Klay ain’t a bum at all but it’s not as wild as you’re making it seem.

I hear you. Kawhi's ranked 1st for me but on that list but Kyrie's my clear cut 4th. Kyrie being a the #1 option has never worked out for the team, not to mention his availability constantly being in question. If we want to say that Klay benefitted from playing with Steph, the same could be said about Kyrie getting to play with Bron.

Question so is the 2nd apron a hard cap like you can't sign anyone once you're over the 182 mil or is it just the restrictions that come along with it? If so, you might as well do what PHX is doing.
It's the latter, but the problem with what Phoenix is trying to do is the new CBA makes it really tough to blitz the second apron by aggregating guys from all over the league.

It'd almost have to be like what the Warriors and Bucks have done over time paying mostly your own guys.

Anything with Kyrie trade wise hards caps them at the first apron.

usa_today_13868971.0.jpg

Miss these jerseys.

One of the best Knicks unis ever.

rust might be reading that cba looking to see if any vet min type contracts are incentive laden

might be the first guy to go from 3 mil guaranteed to 30 for games played and averaging another tripe double

ie zion fat clause

took this from a twitter post. feel free to give me hope that dangelo russell wont be a laker this season

Predict where these Free Agents will go

James Harden:
Kyrie Irving:
Fred Van Vleet:
Draymond Green:
Brook Lopez:
Khris Middleton:
D’Angelo Russell:
Russell Westbrook:
Jerami Grant:
Kyle Kuzma:
Bruce Brown:

Kyrie is a bit out there but there is no way he leaves the financial security of what the Mavs can offer him.

Kyrie knows this will be his last major contract.

Kyrie is just bluffing. Remember last offseason when people thought that Kyrie was going to opt out and sign for the MLE with the Lakers?

At the end of the day heended up making the wise financial decision. He tried to use the Lakers talk as a way to force Brooklyn into giving him a long-term contract. I would imagine he's doing the same thing here, trying to use Phoenix as leverage to get a max deal with Dallas.

Last edited:
Kyrie is just bluffing. Remember last offseason when people thought that Kyrie was going to knocked out and sign for the MLE with the Lakers?

At the end of the day he still ended up making the wise financial decision. He used the Lakers talk as a way to force Brooklyn into giving him a long-term contract. I would imagine he's doing the same thing here, trying to use Phoenix as leverage to get a max deal with Dallas.

Absolutely. It’s all just leverage.

He just wants the Mavs to give him the max money but more importantly the years.

there’s a rumor in clipper circles that they are trying to make space for Harden in a S&T but idk how feasible that actually is

Back
Top Bottom