The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Yeah being the “Ultimate bag getter” isn’t purely about the size of the bags. It’s about the size of the bags relative to what you’ve done before and after that contract. An ultimate bag getter continuously gets big bags while underdelivering.

Parsons for $45MM/3yrs from Dallas after 3 years in Houston and close to $100MM over 4 years from Memphis. He played exactly 100 games on that contract, man :lol:

I know injuries suck and he had that accident where he got hit by a drunk driver but what he got paid in comparison to what he produced is ultimate bag getter status. On podcasts he even laughs about the situation and how a physical Almost ****ed up his scheme.

Chandler Parsons is near the top

Also, you can’t just look at value of the contracts because aside from global inflation, player salaries have gone up.
I think everyone agrees that Fred Vanvleet should not be earning this much money though.

I think everyone agrees that Fred Vanvleet should not be earning this much money though.

FVV’s salary is more a product of timing and circumstance than the Rockets overpaying him because they believe he is worth anywhere $43.3MM, respectfully.

Timing would be the new CBA with a salary floor. Circumstance would be Houston needed to spend and has a bunch of young guys to develop so the signing was more about fit than a $40MM player to take them to the playoffs this year.

BA87988D-1C37-4450-BAAD-3FC1B3AF1CE3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom