The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

giphy.gif

It's absurd to expect any pro athlete to turn down $ with how quickly their playing career can end. Dame earned the supermax and he had every right to sign it.

A year later assessing Portland's current direction it's also fair for him to not want to be there any longer as well. I don't think any player should be forced to play in a particular city. Whether it's Ben Simmons, James Harden, or Dame. If someone wants out and there is a team they want to play for let them.
Yeah I agree, do not turn down money- especially in Dame's situation- he earned that right to the max. Portland org owed it to him- along with that the possibility of trading him away if their club was heading towards a rebuild and couldn't be cap flexible enough to field a true to contender

Now I'm not going to at all put Ben quitter Simmons in the same sentence as him or even James Harden. There's levels to this player empowerment stuff and Simmons is the poster for it going south

Moral of the story is: "Real Gs move in silence like lasagna."

You end up being too flagrant with your demands and you're not a top 5 guy in the league...95% of the time you're not going to go to exactly where you wanna go. You'll get traded and get out, but these front office dudes got egos too. Need to be amicable about the situation like KD.

Moral of the story is: "Real Gs move in silence like lasagna."

You end up being too flagrant with your demands and you're not a top 5 guy in the league...95% of the time you're not going to go to exactly where you wanna go. You'll get traded and get out, but these front office dudes got egos too. Need to be amicable about the situation like KD.
Yeah that part is on Dame for sure. But trading him to Giannis without giving up Middleton isn't exactly putting him in Washington or Charlotte or something

Dude got traded to a team that now has the best odds to win the title. That wouldn't have been the case if he was traded to Miami- so it is what it is, not mad at the Blazer front office for that one

The moral of the story is the Heat should have gone harder than Tyler Herro if they wanted Dame.

Don’t try to use your mouthpieces to force any team to take a player they obviously don’t want.

The Heat thought they had the leverage - Portland called their bluff.

I know Dame was considered to be “loyal” for over a decade and Harden is a toxic jumper but the fact remains that both individuals signed contracts and signed their working rights over to their respective franchises instead of retaining complete autonomy over their futures. They both gave control third parties.

Dame could’ve just signed with Miami in free agency. He chose not to.

THIS! Portland’s direction may have changed over the course of a year but he changed the course of his future as well by signing the extension. He keeps getting a pass for that. Sometimes you have to sacrifice between money, lifestyle/location, winning. He got two of the three most important. Painting him as some sort of victim doesn’t make sense to me.

Yeah that part is on Dame for sure. But trading him to Giannis without giving up Middleton isn't exactly putting him in Washington or Charlotte or something

Dude got traded to a team that now has the best odds to win the title. That wouldn't have been the case if he was traded to Miami- so it is what it is, not mad at the Blazer front office for that one

He 100% fell into a better basketball situation so as y'all have said no real sympathy to be had but the hit piece about POR is going to be effective on some level if for nothing else that part about them asking him to sit out. League probably hates that being out there even more than the trade demands.

Is anyone really feeling that bad for Dame in here though lol. Besides washed and a few Heat fans

Don't think anyone's giving Dame passes, I see mostly us roasting him and Haynes

EYE am pro-player over organization/ownership BUT blindly being pro-player has the same vibes as 'the customer is always right"

The moral of the story is the Heat should have gone harder than Tyler Herro if they wanted Dame.

Don’t try to use your mouthpieces to force any team to take a player they obviously don’t want.

The Heat thought they had the leverage - Portland called their bluff.
From the very beginning Portland obviously didn’t value Herro as a player for their team, nor as a piece that could be flipped for other more ideal assets.

Given that, like I said the other day, it was Miami’s job to find a 3rd team that would take Herro in exchange for assets that were more appealing to Portland.

Miami either chose not to, thinking they had some kind of leverage, or couldn’t do it, which is why Portland didn’t want Herro in the first place :lol:

Either way, Miami has nobody to blame but themselves for how things were handled.

From the very beginning Portland obviously didn’t value Herro as a player for their team, nor as a piece that could be flipped for other more ideal assets.

Given that, like I said the other day, it was Miami’s job to find a 3rd team that would take Herro in exchange for assets that were more appealing to Portland.

Miami either chose not to, thinking they had some kind of leverage, or couldn’t do it, which is why Portland didn’t want Herro in the first place :lol:

Either way, Miami has nobody to blame but themselves for how things were handled.
It’s really that simple. People making it into all these other things about loyalty, claiming that people a lot of people said it was an awful offer, etc. They just don’t value Herro, which is not a crazy position to have at all.

Exactly.

We heard during the draft that Portland didn’t want Herro. Miami had 3 months to figure it out a deal.

They didn’t because they got too cocky. That’s it. That’s the story.

Global warming and poor infrastructure. We’re literally gonna have issues everywhere over the next 50 years. This isn’t a New York specific problem.
It happens every year now. I used to live in Harrison NJ and had to basically wade home the last time. It blows mine when it happens to NYC of all places. The biggest place in the world. The Epicenter of global commerce. The hub of capitalism.

America sucks. It really is a third world country with money.

Back
Top Bottom