The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Trading CJ was a red flag and I think Dame went on record saying they told him they would shop the pick for some help but then was like nah. According to his mouth piece Haynes they alluded to trying to compete but then transitioned rather quickly to a rebuild.

Kinda akin to what Kupchak and co did with Bean mid 2000s when they said they were going to try and field a team to be competitive but everything actions wise were cost cutting moves which led to that tirade about Kobe wanting to leave.

Thank you for the clarification. I couldn’t recall what side of the fence that Dame was on when it came to the CJ trade - I knew they were BFFs but that was also an unserious pairing for contention IMO.

I see the parallels to the mid-2000s Lakers with Kobe but respectfully, that is giving Dame too much credit. I don’t think any team was going to win the championship with him as the best player which is why this Milwaukee situation is really better than the Miami one to me.

I’m happy for Dame.

over 5 inches of rain overnight. no city is prepared for that volume of water. lga being right by the water may have exacerbated it

Speaking of Jeremi Grant, what dirt does he have on management to be able to get that deal?

city edition jerseys

a bit on the "minimal" side
F7NJxdWWkAAq18M.jpeg
F7NKYoJWcAAsI6n.jpeg

Last edited:
I hate the state of NBA media today. It’s as bad as political reporting. Just feel like all these little leaks before, during and after the dame trade are calculated and whomever played their hand first is trying to win the narrative.
this whole dame thing was overly produced, but both players and teams use these press people to initiate rumors, tamper (whatever that means nowadays), cause second thoughts/confusion, put pressure on other competing teams, etc.

i don't see it getting better because it provides press people with the access they desire

Miami it’s over! Get ready for the great early bird special

This is rich considering you’ve been enjoying that early bird special for decades now.

May you please expound upon this? Were there any trades or signings that Portland clearly missed on (ie they were in actual contention but it didn’t pan out)?

They also were a perennial playoff team so that means mostly picking outside of the lotto which is a crapshoot (it’s even a crapshoot in the lotto).

I think Portland did the best they could, all things considered.

Are you related to Joe Cronin or something? You’ve been overly invested and writing dissertations since Dame made his initial trade request.

Nike needs to be stopped
Or just move to only 1 new uniform a year. Or even every other year.

I still find it hard to believe that the NBA jersey line of business is profitable for Nike but I guess it must be.

I'm pro player always will be.

If Dame was washed Portland would drop him in a heart beat, why he can't have a say in who he plays for? Regular citizens get to choose who they work for correct, and the better you are at your job the more control you have to choose who your work for.

I’ve always said the NBA is just like any job in America. Having said that, I remember getting my transfer requests denied over and over again at my first job.

Made you feel like Nike knew what they were doing.

Also does anyone have links for legit Swingman/Authentic versions of the Blue & Black ones?

I hate the state of NBA media today. It’s as bad as political reporting. Just feel like all these little leaks before, during and after the dame trade are calculated and whomever played their hand first is trying to win the narrative.
It’s awful. What makes it worse is fake reporters or amateur reporters trying to make it big willing to say anything just for social media engagements. People willing to jump the gun or flat out report the wrong things at any cost.

Back
Top Bottom