The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Also still think Giannis is clearly the #2 guy in the league still, but maybe that's just me
Yea I'm not ready to put Luka anywhere ahead of him until he steps up on the defensive end consistently man :lol:

Everybody seemingly has him top 3/2 now but I dunno about that and I rock with him...

Ahead of Embiid I understand but Joker-Yanni are still it in the top 2 for me.

Shai also putting up b2b strong MVP cases has him top 5 rn imo

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Embiid not top 5 man
giphy.gif

Brunson repeats this passed season or stays on a similar level and he's got a great top 5 case.

He's the main reason that team was competitive in the postseason imo

I can't put him ahead of Embiid yet

I don’t have an issue with anyone in their 30s not being a top 10 player
Maybe I'm a hater but I personally can't rationalize putting any of these young bucks outside the top 5 ahead of Bron, Steve and KD when everyone's healthy :lol:

I'm not interested in the analytics, the eye test won't let me :lol:

Even AD is still up there imo

Semi-long read but it's about the wild extent that the Chicago scorekeeper juiced MJ's steal/block stats to get him the '88 DPOY. :lol:

Yea, same way Stockton's home score keeper did the same with his steals/assists.

Good read though.

Maybe I'm a hater but I personally can't rationalize putting any of these young bucks outside the top 5 ahead of Bron, Steve and KD when everyone's healthy :lol:

I'm not interested in the analytics, the eye test won't let me :lol:

Even AD is still up there imo
Bron KD and Steph combined to win 1 playoff game this season. It’s a new day.

Bron KD and Steph combined to win 1 playoff game this season. It’s a new day.
That's down to the futility of their respective teams though :lol:, we're talking players individually no?

Swap them out with the trending upwards young guys on those same teams and they'd get just as far if jot further

Using the last couple years

1. Joker

2a. Giannis
2b. Luka

3a. SGA
3b. AD

4a. Steph
4b. Tatum
4c. Bron

5a. Ant
5b. Brunson
5c. KD

Healthy Embiid in the the 3 tier but he's never healthy
Healthy Kawhi is in the 4 tier but he's never healthy
You think Bron more effective than KD?

Whole reason Wemby is legitimately Top 20 already
Yea with these top 5/10 discussions I don't really give team success the same weight that it has when we're talking about players legacies/all time rankings.

Top 5/10 is strictly about individual ability/skill/production in a vacuum for me

That's down to the futility of their respective teams though :lol:, we're talking players individually no?

Swap them out with the trending upwards young guy's on those same teams and they'll get just as far
Nah man a top 5 player is winning you an opening round series. Lebron had AD too. KD had Booker too. The rules don’t change because they are legends.

Top 5 = getting you HC and winning an opening round series IMO

Nah man a top 5 player is winning you an opening round series. Lebron had AD too. KD had Booker too. The rules don’t change because they are legends.

Top 5 = getting you HC and winning an opening round series IMO
I didn't say they're top 5 though, I don't think they are at this stage in their careers.

Just that I can't put some of these other young guys ahead of them just because their teams suck :lol:

They're all in my top 10 still

He was at 27/7/6 on 48/40/80 splits at 22 years old and played great defense up until the WCF. He averaged 30 the year before in the playoffs. 6 apg at 22 and he ain’t even a good playmaker yet.

The roof is the ceiling.

He's legit. Idk I gotta see more team success with him as the guy. Def top 5 potential.

Back
Top Bottom