The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS SERBIA at Noon ET on FS1

nah its failure of the players.

Canadian players grow up playing american AAU, and in american basketball culture,
so they take an american attitude towards international competition.

to them it's whatever, theyll show up when it's convenient.

International squads treat it like it's life and death an incredible honour.

american has enough talent to do that, we don't.

No way Zach Edey or Wiggins skip out on Canada's first olympics since 2004 if they were from europe.
they only do it because they don't think it's a big deal. it's just whatever to them.

Im surprised Edey withdrew considering they could really use a big. Wiggins has his own issues in general and have given up on him.

It's unfortunate that's how it is in Canada regardless of how their upbringing was. Who knows, maybe showing success in this year's olympics will shift the perception.

All this Kobe talk has me wanting to break some 8s out of the vault.
milk-snake-kobe-8-release-date-1.jpg

I don't really get the outrage about Kyrie or Jaylen being left off team usa.

lets be honest

If you want to be apart of the US government's international propaganda basketball team.
you probably shouldn't say anything too politically controversial.

we are all adults we know this isn't a pure basketball meritocracy.
I don't even think it is that serious

I think the relationships the players have with the coaches, sponsors, and the management matter a bunch more.

Like the team is filled with all NBA players. Brown and Kyrie are on the margins. He didn't really have a stronger case than Ant, Book, or Hali other than "we might fit the team better"

So if you don't want to play Fiba ball, not extremely well liked by Kerr and Hill, and constantly got static for Nike, then I doubt you get the nod when a last minute spot opens up.

Jaylen brown ain’t “goofy”. He’s speaks and acts on topics that a lot of athletes are afraid to speak/act on because they’re afraid they’ll be disciplined or they’ll lose their bag.

but Jaylen brown has to realize what it is. Nike is runnin’ this. You covered their logos out of defiance , yet still wear their products. That never made sense to me.

I don't even think it is that serious

I think the relationships the players have with the coaches, sponsors, and the management matter a bunch more.

Like the team is filled with all NBA players. Brown and Kyrie are on the margins. He didn't really have a stronger case than Ant, Book, or Hali other than "we might fit the team better"

So if you don't want to play Fiba ball, not extremely well liked by Kerr and Hill, and constantly got static for Nike, then I doubt you get the nod when a last minute spot opens up.
oh i agree, im not saying that the only factor. you could be right, I think for Jaylen Brown it's prob more the coaches, sponsors, management.
matter more

my main point really is we are all adults.

almost nothing is a pure meritocracy. if your going to be difficult to deal with, accept the consequences.

The media is trying so hard to rift JT and Jaylen. lol that was a weird question. And im on Tatums *** all the time but don't ask him about that BS. Ask him a question about who's on the team.

Jaylen brown ain’t “goofy”. He’s speaks and acts on topics that a lot of athletes are afraid to speak/act on because they’re afraid they’ll be disciplined or they’ll lose their bag.

but Jaylen brown has to realize what it is. Nike is runnin’ this. You covered their logos out of defiance , yet still wear their products. That never made sense to me.
That’s the thing though - he seems like he wants to have things both ways. Wants to be able to take stands on social issues and criticize the NBA and Nike, but also acts bothered that he doesn’t get the same press, endorsements, accolades as other guys who stay more quiet on those subjects. Half-in/half-out, hence allegedly protesting Nike while still wearing Nikes.

Anybody who publicly FW Kanye after his antics is the definition of goofy

I don't really get the outrage about Kyrie or Jaylen being left off team usa.

lets be honest

If you want to be apart of the US government's international propaganda basketball team.
you probably shouldn't say anything too politically controversial.

we are all adults we know this isn't a pure basketball meritocracy.
thats not the american way mr canada
we revel in the right to freee speech bud

JB could’ve tweeted “congrats to Derrick white” at some point instead of all this pouting and complaining.

If you think you were snubbed, request a trade and do it as the real 1 option for another team ( :nerd: :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom