The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I was gonna go see the Lakers @ Pacers game in February, but with AD out for good…

Nah I’m still planning on it

When the schedule was put out in August, was Khawi even targeted to start the season on time back then, much less be back by Christmas? That had to play into it. Just like during the summer there was the limbo with KD and Kyrie, that definitely played into them being off the Christmas schedule.
Idk maybe HIM HIM MVP MVP BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE know but does Staples have something going on after tonight? After tonight both the Clippers and Lakers are on the road through the New Year (Clips return on 1/2).

I ask because off the rip NYK (tradition) and GSW/Boston (NBA Finals) were going to have home games. GSW/Memphis and Boston/Milwaukee made sense as they were potential conference finals matchups (one of them still is).

Not having ATL @ NYK is damn near criminal but ATL is in the middle of a home-ish stand (5/6 at home) before going on a west coast road trip meanwhile Philly is a perennial contender with Embiid/Harden and they are home tonight so it was likely a scheduling thing.

The last game is a toss-up. Would have to a western conference team at home due to the late tip and you’re basically left with LAC, Denver, PHX and NOP (who they might have had similar injury concerns about as the Clips). They could have done NOP/PHX but the funky scheduling that had them play twice in a weekend and 3x in less than a week made that not feasible. I didn’t mention the Nets because that would require them to go on a west coast road trip which would have had a butterfly effect.

So all things considered, they actually did the best they could and it makes sense how the algorithm and data analysts landed on these matchups. I have to rescind any slander :lol:

Edit: I forgot the 2:30 slot which is Lakers at Mavs. That’s truly a tossup because you could do a lot of things. I guess having the old guard vs the new guard and assuming AD was healthy that this was a compelling choice.

Idk maybe HIM HIM MVP MVP BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE know but does Staples have something going on after tonight? After tonight both the Clippers and Lakers are on the road through the New Year (Clips return on 1/2).

I ask because off the rip NYK (tradition) and GSW/Boston (NBA Finals) were going to have home games. GSW/Memphis and Boston/Milwaukee made sense as they were potential conference finals matchups (one of them still is).

Not having ATL @ NYK is damn near criminal but ATL is in the middle of a home-ish stand (5/6 at home) before going on a west coast road trip meanwhile Philly is a perennial contender with Embiid/Harden and they are home tonight so it was likely a scheduling thing.

The last game is toss-up. Would have to a western conference team at home due to the late tip and you’re basically left with LAC, Denver, PHX and NOP (who they might have had similar injury concerns about as the Clips). They could have done NOP/PHX but the funky scheduling that had them play twice in a weekend and 3x in less than a week made that not feasible. I didn’t mention the Nets because that would require them to go on a west coast road trip which would have had a butterfly effect.

So all things considered, they actually did the best they could and it makes sense how the algorithm and data analysts landed on these matchups. I have to rescind any slander :lol:

Nope nothing until next Tuesday. Got the next 3 days off after today. About to wile out. All that shroom talk going to visit the astroplane this weekend.

This is an aside but I had ZERO clue that the recreational use of shrooms was this popular :lol:
I didn’t know either. Was a big shroom wave when I was in high school in the 1990s, but can’t remember the last time I heard someone mentioning doing them before this thread yesterday.

no one wants to see a team get massacred during the holiday season.
giphy - 2022-12-23T223540.187.gif

Jay Mohr deleted his Twitter yesterday because people kept bringing up his old problematic tweets. :lol:

a-friend a-friend if you ever come to Barrios Fine Mexican in Midtown dont let them sit you in one of these black chairs. With every shift or breathe I take I can feel these legs fighting for their life. I’m sitting but mostly getting a core and quad workout because I am sharing the load in case they give way on your boy. Chorizo queso is fire tho

image.jpg

Still wouldn’t touch Miles

Huge PR hit to still be terrible? Why do this
Agreed on both accounts. However, I would just say they are in the bottom 3, exactly where they need to be and a lot of teams probably wish they could be in that spot. They will still be terrible but why add a piece that may win you a few more games?

a-friend a-friend if you ever come to Barrios Fine Mexican in Midtown dont let them sit you in one of these black chairs. With every shift or breathe I take I can feel these legs fighting for their life. I’m sitting but mostly getting a core and quad workout because I am sharing the load in case they give way on your boy. Chorizo queso is fire tho

image.jpg
6F4893AB-2047-4E2B-BF32-17C246833217.jpeg

Cmon fam they settin people up storm2006 storm2006 you been down here, Oklahomans aint built for this

image.jpg

6F4893AB-2047-4E2B-BF32-17C246833217.jpeg

Cmon fam they settin people up storm2006 storm2006 you been down here, Oklahomans aint built for this
1671832945514.gif

I don’t think there will be as much backlash for the hornets as there would have been if they didn’t do anything when the nees broke. Fans forget.

Back
Top Bottom