The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

That’s my main man
118F7724-F254-443F-A3EB-B53F8642BB28.png

Nate McMillan on the final play: "They missed and I wanted our guys to go .... I had two timeouts and I could have called timeout. You want to catch them in transition. It's a 1-point game. You want to see if you can get down before their defense gets set."
It was only 6 seconds left what good shot they gonna get rushing down the court :smh:
Was he actually watching the game? :rofl:

They had FOUR players on the defensive glass, as you should in that scenario.

So you have to immediately secure the board and INSTANTLY get it to your point or whoever else can put enough touch on the fullcourt pass. The Hawks did neither and that was immediately clear when Collins got the board.

The head coach, especially run who ran point for 12 years and coached for another 14, should be able to instantly make that read and call the timeout.

Sounds like he predetermined that he was gonna run after a miss, which again isn’t the best route considering you already have to crash the glass in that scenario.

Long winded way of saying, yet another poor coaching move from this guy.

1.) All that money and Gobert couldn't grab that rebound?
2.) Ant guarding Zion and Zion needing a screen tells me a lot about both players, especially considering Ant didn't need any screen to blow by on previous play
3.) Great game overall, best one I have seen in a while tbh

Back
Top Bottom