The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Rivers was never good enough for the roles Doc and em put him in but he has a trick that still works I suppose lol

The trick is….

“That’s Doc’s kid, he works hard. He puts his nose to the grindstone. Let’s sign him this year”

remember when David Griffin was a secret agent for Lebron and that's why he dealt AD to the Lakers

Untitled-1.png

Now look at my Pelicans :pimp:

Austin Rivers currently has the same player rating as Russell Westbrook and ya'll questioning HIS place in the league
Caruso top 5 defensive raptor with : AD, Brook Lopez, Capela is crazy

I can’t see the team as constructed getting past the 1st rd. Major trades are necessary. Masai and Bobby hold their share of the responsibility too for this last offseason.

Zubac ate us alive, we need a real centre, and a real pg and back up pg. bench is nonexistent.

the problem with the whole all-6-9 lineup thing.

is if you can't score in the half court,
you have to be hyper aggressive on defense to generate turnovers which leads to

defense giving up tons of corner threes leading to it being mediocre.

if you had a real center at least you have some rim protection when guys give up blow bys pressuring on the perimeter.

He has to be very happy where he’s landed because he’s on a contender sooooo that means he wants to get a ring…then leave go to the Knicks? That doesn’t even make sense :lol:
Let’s casually skip over the part where he gets the ring for them ASAP. Literally the first thing I wrote insinuating that was son’s first priority.

Get them lulz playa

Absolutely agree that him not coming to NY with his early injury struggles was the best thing for him. RJ only plays every night, gets better every szn & Knicks fans are some of his biggest haters. Salty ofc, but they treat their youts worse than outsiders.

Honestly this saddens me so much. But what Id like to see is the total global numbers.

Really not fair to compare this way when one is a global game and the other isn’t.
China has more nba fans than in the US
I would assume globally, nba does more views

The trick is….

“That’s Doc’s kid, he works hard. He puts his nose to the grindstone. Let’s sign him this year”
Even bigger trick is the NBA coaching staffs love for all Duke Guards. If you look at the past two decades Duke has put guards in the league that should have never got past the G league

Let’s casually skip over the part where he gets the ring for them ASAP. Literally the first thing I wrote insinuating that was son’s first priority.

Get them lulz playa

Absolutely agree that him not coming to NY with his early injury struggles was the best thing for him. RJ only plays every night, gets better every szn & Knicks fans are some of his biggest haters. Salty ofc, but they treat their youts worse than outsiders.

Lulz have nothing to do with it. I don’t know if the Pels will win a championship by the time Zion enter FA or what the Knicks roster/cap will look like at that time. However, in December 2022 to say that he will leave the Pels, who we know have contending pieces now and likely will at that time, to go to the Knicks 3-4 years from now seems more fan fantasy than reality.

This isn’t LeBron’s first Cavs stint or what Luka’s current Mavs tenure is turning out to be. If anything this is situation more closely mirrors Giannis’ and Giannis stayed. I just have a hard time believing he’s leave AFTER winning a championship because there isn’t really any precedent for top players leaving contenders to go to inferior teams.

Yes, Kawhi left after winning a title in Toronto….to go to a better situation with PG and the pieces they would need to win a title (hence them being a favorite that season). He was also traded to Toronto as a rental of sorts whereas NOLA is Zion’s Day 1 so there is that to consider as well.

He was literally depressed about being there until this year man. Man basically took a gap year to hike around Oregon all of last year. Shunned everybody in the Pelican organization. :lol:

Look, winning can change anyones mind tho. Small or big market. Doesn’t matter.

Zion has a real opportunity here to win so I don’t blame him. The team is really good. He’s really good (which people still doubted).

Like I said they’re a Finals teams.

Injuries cooked him.

Back
Top Bottom