The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Don't really blame Portland holding onto a 10-15 player for as long as possible. But at this point, any chance of building a winner is over.

If I am pdx I would just keep dame. Team isnt going anywhere even with a full rebuild. Enjoy the remaining good years that dame has and rebuild later.

Even if all these teams we are suggesting blow it up and go into full rebuild mode (Chicago, Washington, Portland, Toronto, Utah), there isn’t really any guarantee they’ll be better off. Sure they’ll have increased lottery odds and additional mid-to-late FRPs but maybe at least having all-stars and appearing to be competitive to their fanbase is a more preferable option than the crapshoot of hitting on the draft.

ADC5AEB6-AE71-4BE6-9C0F-C629C76836AA.jpeg

6C472556-DF99-4DCA-B9B9-D3176176EBA9.jpeg
2EECF579-E1F5-4876-802E-F2D25331D2C3.jpeg

6DB9A288-B9A7-4E0F-BA96-AF7A939FEF12.jpeg

They don’t like that young brother making all that money

Even if all these teams we are suggesting blow it up and go into full rebuild mode (Chicago, Washington, Portland, Toronto, Utah), there isn’t really any guarantee they’ll be better off. Sure they’ll have increased lottery odds and additional mid-to-late FRPs but maybe at least having all-stars and appearing to be competitive to their fanbase is a more preferable option than the crapshoot of hitting on the draft.
I rather be the Magic, Houston and Detroit compared to those teams as of right now if they kept those rosters intact (sans Utah I guess)

The ceilings are capped for those franchises and alot of them aren't even in the "appear to be competitive" tier to begin with 🤷🏿‍♂️

Bulls need to sell just to avoid not losing their pick to the Magic at this point

That Bulls L against the CLT’s was nasty.

Feels like that team is at a crossroads of blowing it up or being playoff fodder, but knowing the owner he’s gonna keep ‘em together.

I rather be the Magic, Houston and Detroit compared to those teams as of right now if they kept those rosters intact (sans Utah I guess)

The ceilings are capped for those franchises and alot of them aren't even in the "appear to be competitive" tier to begin with 🤷🏿‍♂️

Bulls need to sell just to avoid not losing their pick to the Magic at this point

To be clear - I am in violent agreement with you on the bolded but those teams got the #1 or 2 pick to build on which is why I said it is a crapshoot.

The teams I mentioned have absolutely have capped ceilings but the uncertainty of what their ceilings would be otherwise is a major gamble. And when I say “appear to be competitive”, I just meant that 2/3 of the league has a chance to make the playoffs. That brings hope and hope sells.

I am not even saying that I am against those squads rebuilding but from a FO perspective, I can see why they might keep their teams intact at least for this season based on their place in the standings. Unless it’s someone who will walk for nothing (ie FVV) or they get a sweet deal like 2 FRPs for Caruso, it might be worth it to wait until the summer.

What is the protection on that Bulls pick?

Back
Top Bottom