The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

To be clear - I am in violent agreement with you on the bolded but those teams got the #1 or 2 pick to build on which is why I said it is a crapshoot.

The teams I mentioned have absolutely have capped ceilings but the uncertainty of what their ceilings would be otherwise is a major gamble. And when I say “appear to be competitive”, I just meant that 2/3 of the league has a chance to make the playoffs. That brings hope and hope sells.

I am not even saying that I am against those squads rebuilding but from a FO perspective, I can see why they might keep their teams intact at least for this season based on their place in the standings. Unless it’s someone who will walk for nothing (ie FVV) or they get a sweet deal like 2 FRPs for Caruso, it might be worth it to wait until the summer.

What is the protection on that Bulls pick?
Bulls pick is Top 4 I think. This just seems like the right draft to take a chance at keeping it for them

Yeah I hear ya and hope sells for teams with not a ton of consistent success for certain fanbases. I'd have to look at more contracts because like you mentioned someone like FVV is an obvious example of you might as well get what you can and offload that player

Don't think I've seen this graphic that lopsided with almost every team in the mid quadrants

Bulls pick is Top 4 I think. This just seems like the right draft to take a chance at keeping it for them

Yeah I hear ya and hope sells for teams with not a ton of consistent success for certain fanbases. I'd have to look at more contracts because like you mentioned someone like FVV is an obvious example of you might as well get what you can and offload that player

Ohhhh ****, I didn’t realize it was Top 4 protected! Yeah they goofed big time because they should have been blown it up. Now they have the 7th worst record in the league and I think they’ve won too many games to gain ground. Unserious AF.

The other problem with some of those teams like that Washington and Chicago is that they have out borderline untenable contracts in Beal and Lavine, respectfully. They are getting paid #1 money but they are really #3s on a contender and not many franchises can stomach those contracts for a #3.

It feels like a pile up of mistakes that you can really only get rid of by starting over but the means bottoming out for the foreseeable future and you could be next Sacramento Kings which is probably tough to stomach.

It feels like a pile up of mistakes that you can really only get rid of by starting over but the means bottoming out for the foreseeable future and you could be next Sacramento Kings which is probably tough to stomach.
I guess for me rooting for bad franchises *cough* Mariners *cough* I can stomach it :lol:

At that point I'm not criticizing the process. I'm criticizing the decision makers at that point because the Kings we're in the right spot but just missed on the guys. Crapshoot but I rather be in the top of it until it hits

dead (1).png

Back
Top Bottom