The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

shan.png

The situation in California’s major cities, SF and LA in particular, is very complex. The homeless populations in those areas have indisputably become more prone to crime in recent years. Driven by people with seriousness mental health and/or substance abuse issues. So I think NIMBY-ism in the state has become more common because of that, with people tending to forget there are other categories of low income folks who need affordable housing. So, the knee-jerk reaction to alternative housing proposals in certain areas is negative.

Eh it's not that complex, officials like to hide behind complexity to adopt a learned helplessness.

homelessness is a problem the home owners of California have created for themselves.

I'm watching it happen in Toronto,
growing encampments and complacent homeowners who want to either ignore the problem or demand more cops.

I'm not sure why ya'll don't just come to the truth of situations :lol: . Rich people are always going to choose the safety & comfort of them & their families over the feelings of the general public.

Also i'm confused.... If where Steph lives at is one of the most affluent places in all of America. Do ya'll genuinely think that housing is going to People in need?? I'm in NYC where they have "affordable" housing that starts at 100K & can make upwards of 200K in some places.

Chances are if that housing was ever built it was gonna go to some people who make at least 6 figures a year, not no homeless dude off the street.

Nah don't segregate this to just rich people.

Middle class home owners are doing the same thing every day in every major city.

Middle class people have chosen to immiserate the lives of the millenial generation and younger...

Out of greed and selfishness, don't let them off the hook.

Also more housing is better even if it goes to rich people, because it takes pressure of the existing housing supply.

Those pivot foot changes that changed his long 2s to 3s were flat out egregious. So were some of the carries and stiff arms. I know that spanned across multiple seasons but he was right - if you’re going to keep consistently make calls on Poole at least do it for everybody. Those exceeded the limits of “superstar calls”.

He ain’t going to snitch on mike?

He is probably waiting for his popularity to peak before going after legends. Not sure when he started doing this but with the Poole Party scrutiny this season, his videos make some valid points. However, I would entertain the argument that Poole’s carries are more blatant whereas Spider in that video and that LAX KAI move from yesterday are more subtle.

Back
Top Bottom