The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Sacramento passing on Luka because Vlade had static with his pops is one of the greatest urban legends of that draft and about why Luka fell to #5 :lol:

That decision was even crazier. :lol:

Especially since it had the Serbian vs Slovenia former Yugoslav War background to it. :lol:

But by Vlade’s account, him and Luka’s father are friends.

Yet damn near every mock draft had Ayton at #1

Yet the Suns didn't get dragged in the media for taking Ayton after the draft

This is just the same old tired take. Somehow there was this big consensus about Luka being the clear #1 choice in the draft, and the Suns goofed.

That is just not what happened. No matter how much people try to pretend it is

Mocks had Jabari Smith going number one last year until Draft day until the Magic realized “Na, we’re picking Paolo…”

F the Mocks.

If your scouting department can’t see it. They should be fired.

This like a double entendre :lol:
AgreeableAdmiredBellsnake-max-1mb.gif

There was a lot of smoke about Luka to PHX. They even hired one of his old coaches. Luka wasn't considered a can't miss prospect but Ayton had plenty of question marks, same ones that are being brought up right now. I'd say it was goof worthy

There was a lot of smoke about Luka to PHX. They even hired one of his old coaches. Luka wasn't considered a can't miss prospect but Ayton had plenty of question marks, same ones that are being brought up right now. I'd say it was goof worthy

Exactly. They hired his Slovenian coach!!!

I thought it was set in stone man.

Especially since it had the Serbian vs Slovenia former Yugoslav War background to it. :lol:

Jokes >>> Facts.

But forreal, though...Luka's career 1/2 through his 5th season is paralleling LeBron's. Folks said he was good but I don't know how many saw THIS coming.

Ayton was a lot like Simmons coming out of the draft. Both were walking red flags and GMs just seemed content to ignore all of them. Both of them basically told you out their mouths that they didn't care about basketball like that :lol:

i always had the theory that he didn't pick Luka because he didn't want it to look like he just picked him because they're both European and then have that be the narrative if he was a bust :lol:

Maybe Vlade was just 10 steps ahead and had the Beam Team in the plans all along :nerd:

But you can’t just expect more scoring from a number one pick just because he’s a number one pick. Ayton as an offensive player has huge limitations as for what you’d want to see out of a first or second option.

Sorry relative to expectations. Not sorry in the broader landscape of the league. I was using hyperbole to show how little faith I have in them.
Not saying I expected more from Ayton being #1. I’m saying I expected more because in college he looked like he had the potential to develop more than he has by now.

i always had the theory that he didn't pick Luka because he didn't want it to look like he just picked him because they're both European and then have that be the narrative if he was a bust :lol:

Maybe Vlade was just 10 steps ahead and had the Beam Team in the plans all along :nerd:

Everyone always has their theories with Luka and the Kings/Vlade decision.

I don’t blame anyone for coming up with these “theories” because I STILL don’t get it :lol:

Mocks had Jabari Smith going number one last year until Draft day until the Magic realized “Na, we’re picking Paolo…”

F the Mocks.

If your scouting department can’t see it. They should be fired.
I mentioned the mocks to show that the Suns were not unique is seeing Ayton as the #1 choice.

So by your logic, the entire Warriors staff should be fired for drafting Wiseman over Melo and Hali? The same staff that hit on Poole late in a draft?

Because Wiseman is a much bigger disappointment than Ayton

Your take is silly. Have fun believing it but it is just some Monday morning QBing. That's it

Back
Top Bottom