The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

When I moved to the states they held me back a grade... But I skipped a grade in Jamaica so it evened out. They just be doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff.

Imagine going through a first grade curriculum twice. Cause 2+2 and what is a triangle is somehow different in America than it is everywhere else.

They don't even measure distance and volume right here and are telling ME that EYE don't know things.
I had already started HS in St.Lucia when I moved to the states. HS in Lucia runs the age American equivalent of grades 7 thru 11.

When my mom was registering us for school, the first counselor we saw at the county office thought it was silly to send me back to middle school so he was going to advance me a grade. He thought it would be cool because I had already taken a year of Algebra in Lucia, and 8th and 9th-grade classes in my county were so similar.

It was all said and done, he just had to get his coworker to enter it into the system. The coworker was a busybody middle-aged white woman, and she threw a fit in the office, called their supervisors, and made sure I was sent to 8th grade.

I hated American middle school

When my mother came here they also placed her in Middle School even though she was already at the HS equivalent back home. Time wasted in her eyes. So when I came around she didn't want me to go to school here but also didn't want me to stay on the island.

The compromise was me doing double the work required my entire childhood to ensure I was where I "should be" compared to America's standards. Couldn't even fully enjoy my summers or weekends because I got 2 sets of homework to complete, the school's and hers :smh:

It was mostly fine except for things like spelling, grammar and pronunciation where I'm learning british from her and american from school :lol: She telling me to ignore the teachers cuz "Americans ruined the Queen's english" :lol: I stuck more to american as I got older though, but my sister still uses british spelling constantly.

I do a mix. Not putting a U in "Behaviour" or "Colour" makes no sense to me. But I don't spell it "Defence"

Im using your lingo man :lol:. “Put up numbers”. Is that better for you?

It seems real to you, so just asking your opinion on Jokic, based on the standards you set for Luka. Don’t try to dodge it :lol:. I told you how I felt

Man we been had this discussion many times about the bubble. It's just interesting when it comes to somebody you champion now you want credit for the "fake bubble". Don't work like that. :lol:

Charlie Murphy Pancakes

He might get it against OKC, or be on pace to and thus get our game flexed onto National TV, being the 2nd time since the 2020 Playoffs

Back
Top Bottom