The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I just said mid dec-early jan

I just posted an article with jokic #1 in EARLY jan at Jan 2nd - Bsox just said jokic been favorite since early Jan

Whats it gonna be ? Can you make up your mind please
You said 2 months in :lol:. The whole narrative you were pushing is that he’s been the guy the whole season, which was wrong.

My guy they was talking but it wasnt gaining momentum like it is this past month

But you said 2 months in. At that point it seemed like it was Jokic, Tatum, and Luka. Then Embiid and Giannis replaced Tatum and Luka as the season progressed.

If anything this past month it's Embiid who has gained the momentum.

the thing I don’t get is why Giannis is seemingly the 3rd wheel in all of this
To some extent I think he's a victim of his own dominance. Like MJ in the 1990s-lite. He's deserving every year, so it ends up being taken for granted and the focus shifts to other candidates. IMO.

Also, Perk was right. Guys like JJ and Malone can get defensive and cry about it but at least 70% of the people voting for MVP are white. That's inherently biased no matter how you slice it. We can pretend like that doesn't play a part in the hype Jokic gets and the way his flaws are downplayed

FACCCCCCTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS

Jaren taking this leap was not expected. MY HEART

23 years old.

Mr. Unlikeable's contract through 2026 is NICE
JJJ_Contract.png

And somehow this is now being disputed :lol:

Philly folks emotional as hell about this regular season award.

no one is disputing it

but morey doesn’t play basketball for the 76ers.. and he’s not embiid

morey’s actions and/or the actions of a passionate fan base should not be relevant in an award for a player.. especially from people who actually vote

it should not take perk pointing out the demographics of the voters before embiid and/or seemingly reluctantly Giannis are given serious consideration by people who can actual vote on the award

Got it. Yea, Morey cares more about his guys winning MVPs than actually winning the title. Did the same **** in Houston. But Philly has been on a ridiculous run and Embiid is playing at a really high level

I don’t care about morey.. and I am not a 76ers fan

my concern is those with influence and can actually vote on the award and things they are seemingly factoring in

i am confused as to why Giannis isnt the one in line for his 3rd MVP in a row

I get that jokic is great.. but aspects of the conversation have always been funny to me

Now its Philly folks emotional as hell for a regular season award - YET you going just as hard for something you dont care bout sure is funny

Is it “perk exposed racist voters” or did the Nuggets just start playing bad and losing games after they had the 1 seed locked up?

The Celtics and Nuggets both regressing is why Tatum initially, followed by Jokic have seen their MVP odds decrease.

Embiid and Giannis propelling the Sixers and Bucks in the standings respectively is the main reason they've jumped ahead in the MVP discussion. Which prob should be the case IMO. Seems like it's Embiid's award to lose at this point.

Back
Top Bottom