The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

output-onlinegiftools.gif

antidope antidope our Wolves putting it together at the right time 🐺

was told by essential1 essential1 that they would fall out of the playoff picture 🤔

They were. Dropped to 10th on the 19th

Then won 4 in a row. After losing 5 of the prior 6.

A good week and a half pretty much can take you from out of the playoffs to out of the play-in game.

If they lose 5 of the next 6, they would be out of the playoffs just like any of the teams 6-12 right now.

As a Cavs fan I've spent a lot of time looking at the standings recently and this season does seem unusual in that there are a lot of teams very close together - particularly in the West where 4-11 are only separated by a few games and the playoff spots aren't decided at all.

The only team who could get to 60 wins is Milwaukee - and that means they have to go 6 and 1 or better to finish the season.

The last time a single team didn't get to 60 wins (ignoring shortened seasons) was the Spurs in 00-01 (58-24) and before that you're back to 1979.

Don't really know what it means - is the average better so a team doesn't stand out as much? - but just thought it was interesting.

As a Cavs fan I've spent a lot of time looking at the standings recently and this season does seem unusual in that there are a lot of teams very close together - particularly in the West where 4-11 are only separated by a few games and the playoff spots aren't decided at all.

The only team who could get to 60 wins is Milwaukee - and that means they have to go 6 and 1 or better to finish the season.

The last time a single team didn't get to 60 wins (ignoring shortened seasons) was the Spurs in 00-01 (58-24) and before that you're back to 1979.

Don't really know what it means - is the average better so a team doesn't stand out as much? - but just thought it was interesting.

I think it's a combination of teams choosing health over gunning for a top seed, the middle tier of teams being better, and the average NBA player being better.

Seems like even the worst teams have guys that could go for 40 points any night.

Back
Top Bottom