The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I imagine the Celtics will offer the extension to Jaylen and trade him later on. But I guess they could pull a Bulls (Jimmy Butler) or Kings (Boogie) and trade Jaylen to avoid having to pay him altogether.

Would argue for Lauri. Siakam was very good. But maybe I value games played too much.

Kinda surprised to see winning doesn’t matter that much. Can’t give it to Lauri because he didn’t make the playoffs and I hate giving this honor to players who couldn’t make the playoffs.

Sga and Luka didn’t make the playoffs yet they got first team.

That **** makes no sense I’m sorry.

I guess it depends on the outcome this season but having to commit $613MM to two guys who haven’t won a title yet? That’s a lot of money bruh.
Who has won a title at their age? Feel like the amount of playoff games they’ve played is making people forget how young they are.

What else are you supposed to do with the money if you’re not paying them? :lol:

They aren’t in their 30s. It’s 2 of the top 15-20 guys in the league in their mid 20s.

Who has won a title at their age? Feel like the amount of playoff games they’ve played is making people forget how young they are.

What else are you supposed to do with the money you’re not paying them? :lol:

You’re treating it like a nothingburger but it’s something to think about IMO.

That’s a Lacob issue idgaf about that and I doubt Steph does either :lol:. They bragged last year that they were printing money in the new arena and it wouldn’t be an issue.They’ll have the chance to make good on those words

So iirc Lacob already walked back that comment when he realized what that luxe tax was looking like (it might have even been shortly after :lol: )

Who said “he could do no wrong”? You’re just minimizing how difficult it is to win a title, so I pointed out how few guys across the league even have one.

If they would’ve traded OG for 4 first round picks in the end of the first round to Memphis then you would’ve been more encouraged? Or trading FVV for a late teens pick? You’re being presumptuous that his ownership wanted to see them Tank and rebuild — that’s the business of basketball part that I’m talking about. Neither of us our Raps fans so I doubt we follow close enough to even know that.

I live in Toronto and I follow it quite closely. I’m not even calling him a bad GM as I said.

but let’s not pretend that his moves were not questionable.

So iirc Lacob already walked back that comment when he realized what that luxe tax was looking like (it might have even been shortly after :lol: )
Welp, decisions to be made then
I live in Toronto and I follow it quite closely. I’m not even calling him a bad GM as I said.

but let’s not pretend that his moves were not questionable.
I mean, I asked would you have been more encouraged by getting late FRPs back for OG and FVV?

20230510_192829.jpg

I'd feel some way about Randle making it and me not if I was Brunson tbh :lol:

Then he willingly has to pass up a gigantic sum of money that no team can come close to giving him because he wasn’t previously on a max.

Unless there’s some underlying issue we don’t know about. I don’t see Jaylen leaving.

The money is big for sure, but you’re also leaving a contender who are incredibly close to winning a ring. As much as I hate the Celtics, they are a well run organization.

Stephens is really good as a GM.

He gets the most money and the best situation.

Welp, decisions to be made then

I mean, I asked would you have been more encouraged by getting late FRPs back for OG and FVV?

I would have been encouraged to trade him at his highest value. The same as Kyle Lowry.

Exegerrated stakes is the essence of competitive sports.

The entire point of sports competition is to vicariously experience definitive life or death out comes.

If you remove failure from sports, you defeat the entire purpose.

Obviously Giannis is not a failure in life. But that's really meaningless, because we don't call anyone a failure unless they rape or murder someone.

Part of the social contract of sports is definitive outcomes.

Thank you sir :smokin:lol:

Back
Top Bottom