The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

GSW’s defense without Dray is one of the worst in the league. He’s not going anywhere if they wanna contend in Steph’s window. Especially if it’s a new GM and not Myers there to talk him into a S&T. Doubt he’s getting a max from someone else

This is funny as hell to me. Kobe at Giannis' age was all about chips and anything less was a failure. Kobe didn't soften up until after the Achilles tear and he/Lakers had no chance at winning.

GSW’s defense without Dray is one of the worst in the league. He’s not going anywhere if they wanna contend in Steph’s window. Especially if it’s a new GM and not Myers there to talk him into a S&T. Doubt he’s getting a max from someone else
I agree- what’s that payroll looking like though

Draymond will get a 3-4 year deal from someone, close to max money too
Add in klutch and they’ll try to get that from the warriors so things will get messy

Klays new deal might go sour because they’ll tell Klay they gave him the super max even though he had that awful injury and hope he takes a discount to stay

Never take a discount, get that $$$$$$

““He doesn’t defend, doesn’t really create for others and that Draymond [Green] incident wasn’t a great look for either of them,” another said. “The intel on Poole [and his presence in the locker room] isn’t great.””

Dude said the Draymond situation didn’t help his case like he wasn’t the one that took the punch :lol:

The last few pages

ashy-larry.gif

Makes so sense to give up on Poole so early. This time last year he was the 3rd/4th best Warrior. Gotta give it at least one more year.

I agree but they gotta be hard on him in his exit meeting and he has to be in the gym everyday getting his game right and especially working to remove his bad habits

I agree- what’s that payroll looking like though

I posted yesterday…if Dray opts in now it is $211MM with a $243MM luxury tax penalty. Minus whale let him opt out and pay him more but less than max because after next year Klay is up and he won’t be making $43MM in a new deal so it will even out. The main issue here is so they want to pay such large tax bill or are they not about that life

This is funny as hell to me. Kobe at Giannis' age was all about chips and anything less was a failure. Kobe didn't soften up until after the Achilles tear and he/Lakers had no chance at winning.

As I've thought about this, I've decided Gannis response is silly, fundamentally misunderstands sports and is a massive backwards hustle.

The central appeal of sports is the stakes are irrationally inflated. When you watch or participate in a sport you are tacitly agreeing to massively inflate the stakes of every outcome.

it's an essential part of the social contract of any sport.

And pople who violate that social contract are shunned because to do so is to puncture the very essence of sports competition.

If you are playing any serious sport and a dude on your team kept harping on the fact that "none of this matters" "we are all winners in life" you would have nothing but contempt for him.

Sports are a way to vicariously experience life or death outcomes. Basically all social animals with a fear response engage in this kind of play. It's a way of testing the body and the mind,.

Human beings are social animals so there is such a thing as social death. So our forms of play almost always involve a social component.
Legacy; how will victory or defeat echo across time? What will it mean to you, the players that came before, the players that will come after?

Gannis gets paid win or lose, every player is a millionaire and has no relationship to the city other than tenouis geographic designations.
Sports are human drama, If you can't call out success or failure you might as well watch NBA 2K simulations.
Obviously In the context of life Gannis is not a failure. But what does that even mean?,
In modern society unless you murdered or raped someone or are a hardened criminal we don't really call anyone's life a "failure".

Competitive sports operates by different rules, and we all understand this. It's part of the social contract.
If you lose in 5 games to an 8 seed it is obviously a massive failure.

Describing it as anything less in the context of sports is absurd.

If Gannis doesn't like that he should probably just not play competitive sports. Victory / defeat, success / failure is kind of the whole point.

Last edited:
As I've thought about this, I've decided Gannis response is silly, fundamentally misunderstands sports and is a massive backwards hustle.

The central appeal of sports is the stakes are irrationally inflated. When you watch or participate in a sport you are tacitly agreeing to massively inflate the stakes of every outcome.

And pople who violate that social contract are shunned because to do so is to puncture the very essence of sports competition.

If you are playing any serious sport and a dude on your team kept harping on the fact that "none of this matters" "we are all winners in life" you would have nothing but contempt for him.

Sports are a way to vicariously experience life or death outcomes. Basically all social animals with a fear response engage in this kind of play. It's a way of testing the body and the mind,.

Human beings are social animals so there is such a thing as social death. So our forms of play almost always involve a social component.
Legacy; how will victory or defeat echo across time? What will it mean to you, the players that came before, the players that will come after?

Gannis gets paid win or lose, every player is a millionaire and has no relationship to the city other than tenouis geographic designations.

Sports are human drama, If you can't call out success or failure you might as well watch NBA 2K simulations.

Obviously In the context of life Gannis is not a failure. But what does that even mean?,

In modern society unless you murdered or raped someone or are a hardened criminal we don't really call anyone's life a "failure".

Competitive sports operates by different rules, and we all understand this. It's part of the social contract.

If Gannis doesn't like that he should probably just not play competitive sports. Victory / defeat, success / failure is kind of the whole point.
You spelled Giannis’s name wrong like 7 times😭

Cliffs anybody?

““He doesn’t defend, doesn’t really create for others and that Draymond [Green] incident wasn’t a great look for either of them,” another said. “The intel on Poole [and his presence in the locker room] isn’t great.””

Dude said the Draymond situation didn’t help his case like he wasn’t the one that took the punch :lol:

On the flip side

:rofl:

Man's gotta be friends with his agent or something :lol:

Now when Poole Party go off, NT will back back saying how solid he is.

I’d take him on the Spurs honestly.

Manifesto previews dropping…Colin Cowherd suggesting Poole is a superstar and worth one in a trade…Medium Draymond Thread…JJ Reddick Raps interview news trending. it’s been a weird day. I am expecting f’ery in the WCSF game.

Back
Top Bottom