The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Nah, a lot of folks saying the lakers found the recipe. Lakers fans should be very confident going into this game. I would from what I saw

Malone has the right to poke fun back. People over analyzing his remarks

Funniest thing is the Lakers were always going going to try someone else guarding Jokic with AD on the backside. I thought it be Bron (still might be later on) but it was Rui in game one.

When the Lakers pull AD off Jokic, I don’t see how Denver will be able to keep AG on the floor.

They’ll have to sub in Brown & then the question becomes do the lakers stay big or go small to matchup.

If you keep Rui in against the small lineup, you’ll put AD on Bruce Brown but then they’ll just run pick&rolls all day. Bruce Brown is good on the short roll but I guess you can switch it. If you put Bron on Bruce Brown, where do you hide AD? You can’t hide him on MPJR, Murray or KCP because they can all shoot.

On the flip side, if we stay big while Denver is small, it should be a layup line to the rim. Bruce Brown cannot check Rui or Lebron. If AG is played off the floor, the Nuggets front court has absolutely NOTHING.

I don’t feel like there are many adjustments left to make (for both teams). Maybe the Lakers can put TBJr instead of Lonnie & less Dlo + more Rui minutes.

I’m confident in the lakers because I don’t think the Nuggets have any answer for AD. Especially if AD doesn’t have to take Jokic but Jokic has to guard AD. People are underselling the fact that AD had to go against JJJ/Dray in the first 2 rounds. The nuggets have nothing like that.

Denver is trying to play Dlo off the floor.
Lakers will be trying to play AG off the floor.

I may be a homer, but I feel like the Lakers can get to checkmate quicker than Denver can.
Can just run PnR with Jokic & AG, either one of them as the ball handler. You either switch or go under & concede deep position to Jokic on the post up.

Or have AG set screens off the ball.

If KCP is broke just swap him & Porter’s spots on the floor.

Who do I have to thank today for these wonderful jersey/sh:nerd:rt fits in the professional leagues in 2023?

Particularly the WNBA aesthetic has a certain appeal I can’t quite put my finger on 😋

200w (40).gif

Can just run PnR with Jokic & AG, either one of them as the ball handler. You either switch or go under & concede deep position to Jokic on the post up.

Or have AG set screens off the ball.

If KCP is broke just swap him & Porter’s spots on the floor.

No doubt!

I probably switch depending on where the screen is. If it’s below the free throw line I’m switching. Yeah it forces AD back on Jokic but I don’t mind. If Denver is using AG as the ball handler that’s a win for the Lakers imo. Hopefully they’re wasting shot clock trying to get the ball to Jokic in this scenario.

They’ll go under if they set the screens high. I don’t mind Jokic bombing 3s. I know he can make em but I’d rather him shoot those than kill us below the free throw line. If he makes them you tip your cap. I want AG shooting threes as much as possible. Especially and non-corner 3.

Jokic can kill you 1000x ways but this is probably the “best” option for the Lakers.

Got damn how can you not like this guy

Sheeiitt, he really hated Kev. Threw his mask on & shut up soon as he saw the kid.

Lakers starting Vando instead of Rui.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see bron on Jokic and Vando on Murray. Switch the Jokic/Murray pick and roll.

Is this a legit 5:30 tipoff? Or is this an espn 6pm tipoff? Im trying to make it home on time

Is this a legit 5:30 tipoff? Or is this an espn 6pm tipoff? Im trying to make it home on time
ESPN/ABC games always add 10 minutes to the listed tip off times. TNT games usually tip off close to the tip time.

Denver favored by Vegas/odds last game. Denver picked by majority of "analysts"/media to win. Denver the #1 seed with 2x MVP in his prime. Denver still favored today and in the rest of the series

The Denver underdog story is nasty propaganda

Back
Top Bottom