The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Wonder if this means anything or just for show?

Reminds me of the story SAS tells, but has never named the player. A players childhood friend kept getting in trouble and the NBA players name was always involved. When enough was enough he bailed him out and gave him several million dollars and said this is the last time we’ll ever speak. I love you bro, but I can’t be associated with you anymore.

The defense the Nuggets played on the perimeter in the first half was probably the worst it’s been this entire playoff run. Miami is too good to give them those looks and Jimmy will be better so I hope the effort is better in game 2. I also hope that Murray doesn’t revert to Game 2 Murray because that would be a problem.

Basically how I feel about what SAS said. Reckless and just weird overall. To put that out in the air because Ja’s recklessness was made public on social media when worse is happening amongst professional athletes/high end professionals is just wild (just not putting it out in the public like most people don’t).

This is why whatever Silver was trying to avoid by not releasing suspension news didn’t work. You are now seeing worse takes made nationally by guys like Perk, SAS, etc in a time period where Ja basically went dark from social media. :lol:

Then, Perk pissed me off with that stupid Memphis as a city take. Like Zbo literally wasn’t in Portland, LA and NY doing crazy stuff, but had a more protected lifestyle in the same very city Ja is in. Cmon dawg

Heat can get back into this maybe if;

- more zone, not because I think zone works great, but I think it can encourage Denver to shoot 3's and you can hope variance is on your side.

- jimmy needs to be way more aggressive going at Jokic at the rim,

- and you need to start making 40% of your 3's again.

Tyler Hero I think might actually help the Heat, provided he isn't too rusty,
his off the dribble shooting will put more pressure on Jokic.
Good points. Def gotta be more aggressive on offense overall.

I'll add,

you gotta try and mix stuff up on jokic.

If he brings the ball up, full court pressure him. Front him in the post and try your best to deny. If he does catch it, adjust and don't over compensate...i.e. pack the paint too much and allow him wide open shots, or hard doubling him and allowing him to play make.

You gotta make jokic try and move his feet on defense.

Penalize him in drop coverage.

(I really hate drop pnr coverage)

I don't think Miami will win, but there is a path.

Imo

Back
Top Bottom