The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Wait, what? This happened. Actually saw a big *** raccoon walking my dogs in the park in Harlem the other week and I immediately started walking the other direction. :lol:
There was a pig roast in the bronx that made some racist so upset he reposted it calling NYC a 3rd world country and it went viral. I assume he's talking about that. Most delicious raccoon he would've had in his life.

lawdog1 lawdog1

School me on the 95-96 Clippers. Didn’t realize they made the playoffs that year. Far too young to care :lol:. Was looking at old Brent Berry highlights, and that seemed like a fun team to watch. Somehow won 36 games and made it.

Not unlike a lot of iterations of the 80s, 90s and 00s Clippers. Some young, talented players in Barry, Dehere, Lamond Murray and Rodney Rogers and a couple of vets in Loy Vaught and Poo Richardson that played well and brought some leadership. Bill Fitch was still pretty new so they hadn't tuned him out yet. Played hard. Added up to a team that was capable of winning in the regular season against worse teams and better teams that didn't take them seriously.

*Can't believe I originally left of Clippers legend Erik "the Polish Rifle" Piatkowski.

And the West was exceptionally terrible that year, so that combo of things was good enough to make the playoffs. :lol: Pretty sure they got swept out of the first round with relative ease.

Last edited:

Bucks @ Knicks at 12 PM EST
Warriors @ Nuggets at 2:30 EST
Celtics @ Lakers at 5 EST
76ers @ Heat at 8 EST
Mavs @ Suns at 10:30 EST

Not unlike a lot of iterations of the 80s, 90s and 00s Clippers. Some young, talented players in Barry, Dehere, Lamond Murray and Rodney Rogers and a couple of vets in Loy Vaught and Poo Richardson that played well and brought some leadership. Bill Fitch was still pretty new so they hadn't tuned him out yet. Played hard. Added up to a team that was capable of winning in the regular season against worse teams and better teams that didn't take them seriously.

*Can't believe I originally left of Clippers legend Erik "the Polish Rifle" Piatkowski.

And the West was exceptionally terrible that year, so that combo of things was good enough to make the playoffs. :lol: Pretty sure they got swept out of the first round with relative ease.

Erik Piatowski 3 point was a cheat code in NBA Live back in the day :lol:. Vividly remember him and Dana Barros being unfair.

My man!

Russ was awesome that year, but it’s not like the roster was devoid of talent.

Dipo was an all-star the following season for Orlando.

Adams/Kanter/Gibson were all competent bigs.

Rookie Domas not able to play to his strengths most of the time and is immediately better following season.

Jerami Grant was on roster but not getting a ton of bump.

Again, Russ was awesome. He just wasn’t playing with a bunch of scrubs like some have painted it.

You could argue the Rockets team that beat them 4-1 in the playoffs wasn’t much more talented than they were.
I don’t care about this at all but I thought I had remembered vic playing like complete garbage in the playoffs so I checked…

34% fg, 24% 3P and 39% Efg :sick::sick::sick:

I don’t think he had much help at all in the playoffs that year

Russ was awesome that year, but it’s not like the roster was devoid of talent.

Dipo was an all-star the following season for Orlando.

Adams/Kanter/Gibson were all competent bigs.

Rookie Domas not able to play to his strengths most of the time and is immediately better following season.

Jerami Grant was on roster but not getting a ton of bump.

Again, Russ was awesome. He just wasn’t playing with a bunch of scrubs like some have painted it.

You could argue the Rockets team that beat them 4-1 in the playoffs wasn’t much more talented than they were.
That campaign was a master class in compiling empty stats. Some nice YouTube clips, sent home 4-1 in the first round against a team with similar talent. Same story the next 2 years as well.

Even in his exit interview with the Lakers he was still talking about triple doubles :lol:

His last truly great season was with the Rockets before the stoppage & I bet he wouldn’t agree :lol:

lawdog1 lawdog1

School me on the 95-96 Clippers. Didn’t realize they made the playoffs that year. Far too young to care :lol:. Was looking at old Brent Berry highlights, and that seemed like a fun team to watch. Somehow won 36 games and made it.

For some reason I know everybody on the clippers roster…Must be from NBA Live :lol: :pimp:

Derrick Martin, Rodney Rogers, Piatkowski, Pooh Richardson

All the Lakers fans in here who said Jokic shouldn’t have won.

Your goldenboy just said this.

AcrobaticWillingAnhinga-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom