The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Waltham X hitting his final form

IMG_9134.jpeg

young guys and old guys can't have rational convos about this thing.

Young guys constantly hate on older dudes, and older dudes constantly exaggerate about the past.

While yes it's true that the early championship was Kareem led.

Once Kareem slowed down and the Laker offense became fully Magic,
the Lakers produced the best offense in league history up to that point.

Magic is without question the most impactful offensive player of the 1980's,
he doesn't win as many rings without Kareem, obviously but his offensive impact is undeniable.

Kareem was looking real Embiidish. But you’re still getting drafted to an elite team. And then getting Worthy too.

Similar things with the Celtics too.

Can’t even compare anything modern era to it.

steph was one “with all due respect” away from having monta Ellis chosen over him

Don’t remember magic ever being given up on

young guys and old guys can't have rational convos about this thing.

Young guys constantly hate on older dudes, and older dudes constantly exaggerate about the past.

While yes it's true that the early championship was Kareem led.

Once Kareem slowed down and the Laker offense became fully Magic,
the Lakers produced the best offense in league history up to that point.

Magic is without question the most impactful offensive player of the 1980's,
he doesn't win as many rings without Kareem, obviously but his offensive impact is undeniable.

For me the 1991 season was one of Magic’s greatest achievements.

By then, Kareem had already retired, Scott and Worthy were both getting up there in age, and the injuries started to pile up for both those dudes. Oh and no Pat Riley.

That ‘91 Lakers team had no business being any sort of contender yet Magic willed them to the finals over a pretty lauded Portland squad that went there before.

There’s a play I seen in Game 6 of the 1991 WCF where with a couple seconds left in the 4th Lakers up 1, Magic grabs the defensive rebound and throws it on the other side of the court just enough to roll out slowly and kill the clock to 0.1 seconds left. Straight up jedi mind s*** that still blows my mind today.

Last edited:
There’s a play I seen in Game 6 of the 1991 WCF where with a couple seconds left, Magic grabs a defensive rebound and throws it on the other side of the court just enough to roll out slowly and kill the clock. Straight up jedi mind s*** that still blows my mind today.
Kids (including me) were actually trying to to copy that time-wasting move in organized games right after that. :lol: I’m pretty confident when I say most of those attempts backfired.

For me the 1991 season was one of Magic’s greatest achievements.

By then, Kareem had already retired, Scott and Worthy were both getting up there in age, and the injuries started to pile up for both those dudes. Oh and no Pat Riley.

That ‘91 Lakers team had no business being any sort of contender yet Magic willed them to the finals over a pretty lauded Portland squad that went there before.

There’s a play I seen in Game 6 of the 1991 WCF where with a couple seconds left in the 4th Lakers up 1, Magic grabs the defensive rebound and throws it on the other side of the court just enough to roll out slowly and kill the clock to 0.1 seconds left. Straight up jedi mind s*** that still blows my mind today.

on the Steph side I think the 2022 finals is Steph's greatest achievement.

That team had NOTHING offensively. Draymond was shooting 30% from the field, Klay post achilles, inefficient Wiggins., Pool had come back down to earth.

and Steph alone was able to carry that team in the finals and roast the 2nd ranked defense in the league.

The Durant years just totally messed things up historically.

it would be like if Kareem was like 4 years younger and we never got to see Magic take full control of the Laker offense until 91.

US better bring their best to Paris

Simmo might be back with Australia next year
What would your roster be at this point? Curry still hasn’t gotten an Olympic Gold Medal. But all the 30+ year olds, especially with established resumes and gold medals won’t be in it by now.

Ja / Brunson / Haliburton
Booker / Mitchell / Edwards
Brown / Reaves
Tatum / Zion
JJJ / Adebayo

Kareem was looking real Embiidish. But you’re still getting drafted to an elite team. And then getting Worthy too.

Similar things with the Celtics too.

Can’t even compare anything modern era to it.
Timmy came into a great situation due to injuries. Kawhi too although he was barely a lottery pick and no one thought he would be an all time great.

on the Steph side I think the 2022 finals is Steph's greatest achievement.

That team had NOTHING offensively. Draymond was shooting 30% from the field, Klay post achilles, inefficient Wiggins., Pool had come back down to earth.

and Steph alone was able to carry that team in the finals and roast the 2nd ranked defense in the league.

Wardell played less then 35mpg that playoffs.

He did his thing but stars don’t get to play that few minutes if you have ‘nothing’.

Back
Top Bottom