The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The Sickest 8)

IMG_5505.png

I'm a big fan,, but chill youngin.

He's not wrong. NBA teams need to compete internationally against other teams around the world to rightfully be called "world champs". Playing for country is not enough. Basketball needs a champions league/club world cup type tournament.

The NBA I get a bit more being the biggest league with the best players in the world

NFL makes way less sense when North America is the only place with major football leagues, that 'World Champs' moniker doesn't make nearly as much sense as it does in MLB and the NBA.

Would be really cool to see the champs in those leagues play the champs from the Euroleague, NPB and Asian leagues at some point though

It’s not like it’s soccer, where you have some of the best players in the world spread across leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia, USA :lol: , etc.

All the best players from all over the world are in the NBA.

Basketball has international reach just like soccer. I'm not denying that the NBA is the best league in the world but I wanna see that claim backed up on the court via international play.

The circumstances are completely different, but we see NBA teams play international teams in preseason and 99% of the time the NBA teams beat the international teams.

Folks are talking more about Lyles's NBA comments and giving it more attention than his sprinting triple crown :lol:

Back
Top Bottom