The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Overall the west is pretty much the same landscape regarding the playoff teams

They had a worse roster last year when they missed and everyone clowned them. Rightfully so because in reality their roster simply wasn’t good enough… but nobody wanted to hear that “excuse”

So this year with a better team (Williams and Holmes replacing bullock and McGee, curry byke) and full year of (happy) Kyrie- it’s accepted that they have no help, have trash roster, trash coach etc

ok Denzel gif

1696620424805.jpeg

They had a worse roster last year when they missed and everyone clowned them. Rightfully so because in reality their roster simply wasn’t good enough… but nobody wanted to hear that “excuse”

So this year with a better team (Williams and Holmes replacing bullock and McGee, curry byke) and full year of (happy) Kyrie- it’s accepted that they have no help, have trash roster, trash coach etc

ok Denzel gif
Make It or Break It Down: Season 1, Episode 7 - College Gym News

ok Denzel gif
I don't even think the roster is worse. It's improved and it's unquestionably better set up for the long-haul. than it was to start last year But it absolutely is still fairly lopsided in terms of talent disbursement positionally.

And whether people like it or not they are probably going to heavily depend on 4 guys that are 22 or younger to address some of the gaps they've had for several years.

I don't even think the roster is worse. It's improved and it's unquestionably better set up for the long-haul. But it absolutely is still fairly lopsided in terms of talent disbursement.

And whether people like it or not they are probably going to heavily depend on 4 guys that are 22 or younger to address some of the gaps they've had for several years.
My main gripe is that people change up from the end of last year when “luka has no excuses” to now months later= luka has no help and his coach sucks

When again- the roster improved and the same contending teams are vying for the playoffs

Mavs should make the playoffs. They really should

They should at least expect to make the second round if they don’t face off with Denver or Phoenix
The Mavs rotation had subpar guys from 3-10 when Brunson was there.

Then he leaves and they have to put a first rounder & a couple of those guys in the trade to replace him :lol:

If the Mavs aren’t fighting for the play-in then that means we’ve witnessed another injury plagued season.

My main gripe is that people change up from the end of last year when “luka has no excuses” to now months later= luka has no help and his coach sucks

When again- the roster improved and the same contending teams are vying for the playoffs
You know damn well this thread loves to talk out both sides of their mouths. :lol:

I ain't gonna go rehash the old Brunson **** again - I was wrong on that whole thing in hindsight and it is what it is.

But if we're honest with ourselves - even if he'd stayed, some degree of roster overhaul was an absolute necessity at some point if they were gonna consistently compete.

The Mavs rotation had subpar guys from 3-10 when Brunson was there.

Then he leaves and they have to put a first rounder & a couple of those guys in the trade to replace him :lol:

If the Mavs aren’t fighting for the play-in then that means we’ve witnessed another injury plagued season.
I would still say this team is better than the brunson roster. Talent wise. As cohesive? TBD
You know damn well this thread loves to talk out both sides of their mouths. :lol:

I ain't gonna go rehash the old Brunson **** again - I was wrong on that whole thing in hindsight and it is what it is.

But if we're honest with ourselves - even if he'd stayed, some degree of roster overhaul was an absolute necessity at some point if they were gonna consistently compete.
Yes you’re right. i don’t wanna go back to the brunson thing either but it went downhill even before that with porzingis not panning out health wise

Back
Top Bottom