The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

He’s won mvp the last 2 seasons and is 1-8 in his last 9 playoff games. I expect better than that at least.

60CAC293-FB8A-4E0E-8D0E-5CAE0285CFB6.png

Jokic has basically solved regular season basketball, you could give him 4 guys from LA fitness
and he'd get 45 wins.

and he'd do this without running 40% usg, and never running, and totally monopolizing the ball.
which ive been told is impossible for Luka Doncic.

Rudy can’t defend in the playoffs and can’t do anything with the basketball. He’s literally damned near a replacement level guy at that point.

Goofy comp.

Arguments against Jokic-led playoff teams with significant injuries is good, in my opinion. Forget having an amazing duo or Big 3 - what was the last team superstar-led team that won a title or made it to the conference finals without their second best player, let alone their second and third?

Even if Jokic was an elite defender and somehow managed not to lose his efficiency (not possible), I doubt they win either of those series given the injuries.

He’s 28/13/6 on 52% shooting in that span. Pretty damn good. Have a hard time believing the team has that record in those games because of him.

Winning playoff games without several of your best players is tough.
He wasn’t good in the suns series though. He collected stats while the game was out of reach. Ayton outplayed him when it wasn’t garbage time.

Last year I didn’t expect him to beat the warriors but y’all are so quick to run and post numbers when we all saw what really happened. Jokic was absolutely terrible defensively. We are at the point to where now gaudy numbers are all that matter now without any context to what actually happened.

The teams Jokic took to the playoffs the two previous seasons, because of injuries, would have been lottery teams were it not for him.

The all-around talent deficiency was too much to overcome in a 7 game playoff series against a good team.

If they’re fully in-tact this season going into the playoffs and still lose in round 1 or 2, then maybe there‘s a conversation to have about it.

The main issue with Jokic isnt his fault. He's surrounded by mostly role players or borderline all stars.

All the greatest bigs were paired with DPOY players, sure fire all stars, HOFers, etc.

:lol: Shrooms killing short term memories and ruining basketball discourse out here |l

Jokes aside, I get your point now. I think that is a symptom of folks always attempting to steer the narrative about players and teams they like/dislike. We saw it just 24 hours ago with the discussion about Russ/Harden. Most of the time the truth really is somewhere in the middle of the differing opinions in here.

Except for the discussion about how Luka needs to let Dinwiddie and Wood handle the ball more. Man was on a sinking ship then tried to getaway in the “I meant they should pick up the pace!” life raft :smh: :lol:

I find it interesting how questioning the bubble as it pertains to Jokic instantly bought up MLGA but....hey...what do i know? :lol:

im not sure I understand you. im talking on defense.
it's hard to have a good defense with a bad defensive center.

Its his personnel. They don't compliment him well defensively as a team.

Sure if he had Mikel Bridges, OG, etc things might be different. Who on that team besides maybe Gordon plays defense? Bunch of guys that are offensive minded.

I agree but I think Murray was ascending to the level to be a good enough legit #2. I WANT to say like Khris Middleton but Khris can defend AND they Jrue who can stay strap up so that Top 3 >>> Jokic/Murray/MPJ or Gordon, even with Murray and MPJ/Gordon playing a peak powers.

Its his personnel. They don't compliment him well as a team.

Sure if he had Mikel Bridges, OG, etc things might be different. Who on that team besides maybe Gordon plays defense? Bunch of guys that are offensive minded.

I do wonder what i would have looked like with Jokic if he was surrounded by defensive complimentary players. I still think it would be tough in the playoffs.

like I can't think of any good playoff defense that had bad defensive centers.

I agree but I think Murray was ascending to the level to be a good enough legit #2. I WANT to say like Khris Middleton but Khris can defend AND they Jrue who can stay strap up so that Top 3 >>> Jokic/Murray/MPJ or Gordon, even with Murray and MPJ/Gordon playing a peak powers.

Exactly. Giannis had a real good defensive team around him.

Jrue and Khris are both two way players.

KCP, Bruce Brown too.

These guys arent capable of guarding or containing an opposing teams best or second best player. Solid role players.

Not on the level of a Jrue, Khris, Lowry (when Kawhi was with Raptors), Kidd or Tyson (when Dirk was there)

I find it interesting how questioning the bubble as it pertains to Jokic instantly bought up MLGA but....hey...what do i know? :lol:

The Lakers are by far the biggest target when it comes to questioning the bubble so I thought it was fair to bring their position in the standings relative to the Nuggets prior to the stoppage to bolster the argument that things in played out in The Bubble how the should/would have anyway was relevant.

If anything, I am one of the perhaps few that support of The Bubble and its outcomes. No January 6th vibes over here

If OG is really on the block I'd make a strong push for him if I was the Nuggets FO. MPJ package should do the trick.

xcept for the discussion about how Luka needs to let Dinwiddie and Wood handle the ball more. Man was on a sinking ship then tried to getaway in the “I meant they should pick up the pace!” life raft :smh: :lol:

I missed this. what on earth are you babbling about?

you do know there are examples of great players on limited rosters, who didn't run 40% usage, never run, and play at snails pace.

you realize this is possible? You understand that?

Jokic second best player was Will Barton and Monte Morris last year.
Somehow they managed to ha 6th best offense.

just stop, breath, it's fine Luka is great no one is doubting that.
but to act like they are playing 10000% optimally because you are incapable of grasping nuance

is extremely tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom