The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Broadcast them more than this :lol:
1674165428156.png

I recall a week or two ago that ESPN was suggesting it may be 2/11 against the Warriors based on his numbers. Depending on how things go he may also just play it such that he basically decides which game he breaks it

Right now it's on pace for OKC or MIL barring he doesn't miss any games between now and then.

20 years ahead of his time with the creativity. On everybody’s list of favorite 90s point guards
It’s wild the talent the mid 90s Lakers had. Shaq came in and maybe a few seasons later, they started shaking things up. Kind of reminds me of when LeGM went to the Lakers and they had all those young possible superstars that Kobe didn’t bother to mentor. Fast forward, we’re just befuddled by the choices by Pelinka and Lebron.

It’s wild the talent the mid 90s Lakers had. Shaq came in and maybe a few seasons later, they started shaking things up. Kind of reminds me of when LeGM went to the Lakers and they had all those young possible superstars that Kobe didn’t bother to mentor. Fast forward, we’re just befuddled by the choices by Pelinka and Lebron.

Serious question - who is LeBron mentoring? He typically ships out young talent/potential picks for other all-stars so I guess he doesn't have the opportunity? Maybe some of the Klutch guys? I was thinking maybe Ben Simmons but I'm not sure of their relationship. I might just be thinking they have one because of the comps coming out of LSU

Serious question - who is LeBron mentoring? He typically ships out young talent/potential picks for other all-stars so I guess he doesn't have the opportunity? Maybe some of the Klutch guys? I was thinking maybe Ben Simmons but I'm not sure of their relationship. I might just be thinking they have one because of the comps coming out of LSU
Feel like LeBron’s mentorship, largely through example, is more on the business/empowerment side than on court. It’s more other superstars following his lead in exerting more control over their careers than him teaching young guys how to hoop.

He typically ships out young talent/potential picks for other all-stars so I guess he doesn't have the opportunity?
i wonder what the Lakers roster would look like if they never got LeBron? They had Russell, Kuzma, Randle, Ingram at the time if im remembering correctly? Any other decent players i missed?

i wonder what the Lakers roster would look like if they never got LeBron? They had Russell, Kuzma, Randle, Ingram at the time if im remembering correctly? Any other decent players i missed?

Russell was gone before 17-18 so he wouldn't be included. Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball would fit on your list. Caruso would be there too but who knows if he turns into this version of himself *without that title run.

Last edited:
We got AD, which led to the Disney World Title. So I guess it was worth it to say they got a title in the last decade.

But I only brought up how the Lakers were irrelevant post Magic and had all of these young, capable stars (Peeler, Jones, Van Exel, Ceballos, etc) and instead of flourishing, it was ship out Vlad, get Shaq, make other moves and adopt the triangle. It really isn’t a whole lot different than now. Bus family always chasing chips without major fore sight. But can’t be mad. It works here or there.

Whereas Boston, held onto Brown, Tatum, Smart, etc.

In my memory, it was really the Big Three where Boston tried for this win now strategy.

Last edited:
Russell was gone before 17-18 so he wouldn't be included. Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball would fit on your list. Caruso would be there too but who knows if he turns into this version of himself *without that title run.
ahh yep totally forgot about Hart and Ball. Definitely interesting to think what that core would have turned into. Obviously most of those guys have turned into pretty damn good players. a Ball, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle starting lineup today is pretty scary, but obviously things don't work out the same when guys dont get fresh starts or different opportunities

2020 Lakers would be crushing it right now. They had everything.
What happened?

I felt they had a shot in 2021 but then again we don’t know what it would’ve looked like against the Bucks. And it’s just been the same injury laden story since then for AD. And then the weird personnel moves to win NOW. This off season gonna be interesting.

Meanwhile the Cs Postured for titles thanks to tanking and Danny Ainge.

Back
Top Bottom