The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Yeah I'm not calling Ja one (yet). He's in the tier below with Tatum

There's only 6-8 guys getting that stamp imo

Griz have solid guys outside ja and team plays well even without him. He is a good player, but I have him a notch below guys like yanni, steph, kd, etc
Highlights and entertainment value, he is muat see

Tatum got next, if he aint there already.
He's right there on the cusp

so-close-jim-halpert.gif

Bron
Steph
Luka
Joker
Giannis
KD
Embiid
Fun Guy

I dont think I'm putting anyone else in that group of 8

What has Embiid done to be in that group that Ja hasn't? Ja's name is big. I hear more kids talking about Ja than Embiid. Ja's whole swag and flashiness gets peoples attention and he's gone further than Embiid in the playoffs.

I guess it’s the age old question of what a superstar is because Ja definitely isn’t one yet to me :lol:. But I hear you

If the non-basketball watching, fat man sitting on his couch in Alabama doesn't know who he is I wouldn't consider that person a superstar.

Ja is a great talent but I don't think he has crossed over to THAT degree.

Ja is a great talent
Ja is a great talent
Ja is a great talent

idk about using kids mentions as argument to why Ja is in Embiid's tier

Not even an Embiid truther like that but he's been in the MVP talk for 3 straight seasons

I probably like Ja more too but there was all that talk about how good his team played without him lol

Don't seem like it's a comparison at the moment but in the future I don't see why he couldn't enter the tier

What has Embiid done to be in that group that Ja hasn't? Ja's name is big. I hear more kids talking about Ja than Embiid. Ja's whole swag and flashiness gets peoples attention and he's gone further than Embiid in the playoffs.
More All NBAs. All Defensive Teams. He's just been an elite player for longer than Ja

He's has having MVP type seasons b2b.

Also I don't get into the popularity thing and attention or else Joker wouldn't be a superstar at all and someone like Dame would be

So social media is why Ja is a superstar?

Well damn throw Melo on the list too then in that case.

Bron
Steph
Luka
Joker
Giannis
KD
Embiid
Fun Guy

I dont think I'm putting anyone else in that group of 8
The PG/Kawhi Clippers era made me more aware of the difference between superstars and really good players. Although their counting numbers may look similar a lot of the time, Kawhi is in a different class in terms of how he actually impacts winning.

I think you nailed the group of true superstars.

Last edited:
More All NBAs. All Defensive Teams. He's just been an elite player for longer than Ja

He's has having MVP type seasons b2b.

Also I don't get into the popularity thing and attention or else Joker wouldn't be a superstar at all and someone like Dame would be

I can't get with that. Level of play combined with popularity makes you a superstar. What the public thinks definitely plays a role. That's who's buying tickets and merch. A.I was a superstar after like his Rookie year. That's the impact Ja has had.

Back
Top Bottom