The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Based on? I need realistic takes from MLGA

I mean Ja and Bane are going to eat. Lakers have no answer for them. I think two keys for the Lakers will be Evil Danny Green (will he be able to resist shooting them out of games) and JJJ (can he be disciplined and stay out of foul trouble). Part of the JJJ thing also relies on getting AD involved and having him be aggressive.

Grizzlies players, mainly Brooks and JJJ, are prone to fouling. Lakers are prone to drawing fouls. Not necessarily a good recipe for Memphis but also not a recipe that guarantee that automatically makes the Lakers favorites or anything. Just one of their few advantages that gives them a puncher's chance

EDIT: To the JJJ point and his history of foul trouble, not having Adams and Clarke is crucial as well.

I mean Ja and Bane are going to eat. Lakers have no answer for them. I think two keys for the Lakers will be Evil Danny Green (will he be able to resist shooting them out of games) and JJJ (can he be disciplined and stay out of foul trouble). Part of the JJJ thing also relies on getting AD involved and having him be aggressive.

Grizzlies players, mainly Brooks and JJJ, are prone to fouling. Lakers are prone to drawing fouls. Not necessarily a good recipe for Memphis but also not a recipe that guarantee that automatically makes the Lakers favorites or anything. Just one of their few advantages that gives them a puncher's chance

EDIT: To the JJJ point and his history of foul trouble, not having Adams and Clarke is crucial as well.
This is all I asked for.

The fact that Herro has played under Spo from day 1 and has earned so many minutes present day speaks to how pure his jumper is.

But man, defensively they have to give him soooooo much help :lol: Bam kept having to help the helper & leave the paint to cover a shooter. He could never get in rebounding position.

Riles is gonna have to think about that moving forward. You want to be able to go 4 out on offense but on defense you need a physical 4 to go alongside Bam so you’re not as exposed on the glass.

The fact that Herro has played under Spo from day 1 and has earned so many minutes present day speaks to how pure his jumper is.

But man, defensively they have to give him soooooo much help :lol: Bam kept having to help the helper & leave the paint to cover a shooter. He could never get in rebounding position.

Riles is gonna have to think about that moving forward. You want to be able to go 4 out on offense but on defense you need a physical 4 to go alongside Bam so you’re not as exposed on the glass.
Heat and Raptors both at that point where they're mid but they have talent and talent whom can play in the Playoffs

Sucks :lol: like they should blow it up but at the same time it's tempting for them to keep holding on and putting bandaids

Memphis threw away a game in the Minnesota series having Adams guard Towns so his absence is addition by subtraction here.

BC is the critical guy they’re missing. I’d be surprised if JJJ doesn’t have a few games in this series with foul trouble so that’s a huge loss.

This is pretty shocking considering Derek Fisher never played in the Eastern Conference but I guess he did have 8 Finals runs. Bron has a Finals run in the West and a first round loss to Phoenix but of his 10 Finals, 4 were against the Warriors and 3 were against the Spurs. Crazy.

Memphis threw away a game in the Minnesota series having Adams guard Towns so his absence is addition by subtraction here.

BC is the critical guy they’re missing. I’d be surprised if JJJ doesn’t have a few games in this series with foul trouble so that’s a huge loss.
Tillman and Clarke changed that series around against Minnesota after they sat Adams

What's up with Tillman? I didn't realize he was having injury issues

Heat and Raptors both at that point where they're mid but they have talent and talent whom can play in the Playoffs

Sucks :lol: like they should blow it up but at the same time it's tempting for them to keep holding on and putting bandaids

Man, sorry QU!K QU!K but Toronto needs to free Siakim so he can get his flowers. Saw something yesterday that he hadn't received any All-NBA votes in the opening wave and he would be the first player to average 24/8/6 and not make an All-NBA. The disrespect :smh:

Memphis front court is THIN. AD isnt as dominant as he once was too.

The series might be closer than people think.

Thoughts on the Memphis/lakers series?

Think we matchup well.

No Clarke & Adams = AD gotta eat. JJJ has really bloomed this year and he’s not as foul prone as he used to be, but the Grizz are missing a lot of size up front. AD and Bron have to dominate.

I’m an eternal optimist, but Idk if our guard play is good enough to win a title this year. Especially if Reaves and Dlo play like they did last night. It doesn’t matter how good Lebron and AD can play if our guards don’t play better.

I think the last week for the Lakers has been ugly. They’ve basically been playing must win do or die games for 2+ months now. They started wearing down towards the end. Yesterday was their 8th game in 2 weeks. The 4 days off and rest in between games will do them good.

With that said, Ham needs to shorten the rotation. i remember a criticism of Bud was he didn’t play Giannis enough minutes in the playoffs. I know AD has a large ask but he can’t sit for as long as he did in the first half today.

I think our biggest trouble is obviously Ja vs our drop coverage. Lakers dare teams to shoot threes and idk im not the biggest fan. T’Wolves were nailing wide open 3s against us until we started switching everything. I’d put Schroder & Vando as the primary Ja defenders because Dlo has nothing for him. Probably blitz Ja and force someone else to beat you (other than Bane & Kennard I’m not really scared of their shooting… and I feel like the lakers have done a good job against bane this year).

I’m really concerned about Dlo. I know it’s only a single game but his playoff production History has been poor. Need more out of him but I think the Grizz series is more of a Dennis series than a Dlo series. Grizzlies backcourt dominated Dlo in that playin game last year.

Anyway, lakers in 6. Don’t know if this team can go much further though. Feel like they’ve used up a lot of gas just getting to the playoffs.

Show in 6

Based on? I need realistic takes from MLGA

Lakers in 5
Bron and AD going to be too much
Shannon Sharpe 'Sorry' After Heated Exchange at Lakers Game Goes Viral

"we got sumn fa dem"

lakers in 6

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE , we win our joint bet ?

Clarke's injury is minimized by Tillman's increased production. Still trying to see if Kennard's production minimizes Adams impact on the boards in the playoffs. It seems to have worked during the final 15 games of the season. I'm expecting Tillman to get a lot of minutes on AD.

Grizz basically pushing out a more efficient offense to minimize the need for offensive rebounding. Playing faster as well.

I'm more worried about LAL slowing the game down and blown leads. We could very well go up 15-20 points and lose the game.

LA should dominate on the offensive boards. Once JJJ gets in foul trouble it'll be a problem.

Same time LA guards needs to step up. DLo cant have a bad series.

Mempis does have a much better bench unit too. I trust Jones, Kennard a hell of a lot more than German Rondo, Rui etc

Tyus is best backup point in the league. Kennard a fantastic shooter although if he’s on the court I’m attacking him every time. Not scared of anyone else. Roddy and Konchar don’t scare me.

I like Schroder and Rui. They’ll probably close going forward. Lakers have enough depth and Wenyen/TB can provide solid minutes. Idk about Beasley. Hes a big question mark on defense but hopefully he can catch fire and win us a game.

Also, I know bron is getting older and he’s taking a lot of defensive possessions off, but he’s in the Steph category to me. As long as they are healthy, Ima keep picking them in the playoffs until they prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom