The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

So do you think espousing antisemitic tropes is the same thing as joking about religions? I don’t see a lot of anti-catholic vitriol outside of their refusal to address their rampant pedophilia. No one is coming down on them for anything other than that. Few take umbrage with their brand. And I am not the one that had ascribed that Scientology is a cult. Many others have as well.

“The Church of Scientology has been described by government inquiries, international parliamentary bodies, scholars, law lords, and numerous superior court judgments as both a dangerous cult and a manipulative profit-making business
Is calling all Catholics pedos not a trope? Is calling all mormans racist not a trope? Is calling all Muslims terrorists not a trope? All races and religions face tropes.... Why is it that the Jewish tropes are the only ones that get your career ended? You aren't answering my questions homie. And no one has clearly stated what antisemitism is. Off topic but on topic, I was reading this twitter thread I think it was about the doc and it was talking about how jews owned slaves.... Now even though it's factually true, they said it's antisemitic to say Jews owned slaves. Mind you in that same paragraph it mentioned that Africans and Europeans owned slaves as well yet for some reason mentioning that the Jews owned slaves was deemed unacceptable. Idk man seems like antisemitism is thrown around to avoid any actual discourse on certain subjects. I understand stuff like saying the Holocaust was made up being called anti-Semitic but when you start calling people antisemitic for stating historical facts that can easily be verified then you lose me. Also, regardless of how you, those scholars, or law lords feel, scientology is a legally deemed a religion.

SAS knew it was all bad where Jalen went. :lol:

ESPN was like
SmartSelect_20221031_193619_YouTube.gif

Good win. No reason Brogdon shouldn’t be closing every game, even with Rob back. Offense should run through him too. Not just the usual Tatum stuff.

Just wanted to comment on this specific part of your post. It's crazy that this is the same man being labeled anti any religion. People forget all that though just to make an example. :smh:
The same people wanting him bushed, I wonder what they have done recently in the world to promote peace and love?

From 2021:

“I’m focused on this [crap] 24-7 most of the time, but it’s just too much going on as well not to address. It’s sad to see this [crap] going on. And it’s not just in Palestine. It’s not just in Israel. It’s all over the world, man. And I feel it. I’m very compassionate to all races, all cultures, and to see a lot of different people being discriminated upon or against based on their religion, color their skin, what they believe in … we all say ‘we’re human beings, and we care and we’re compassionate.’ But what are you doing to help?

“My goal out here, my purpose, is to help humanity. And I can’t sit here and not address that. I don’t care which way you stand on either side, if you’re a human being and you support the anti-war effort that’s going on, there’s a lot of people losing their lives, children, a lot of babies. That’s just what I’m focused on.”

Beautiful post. I'm glad it's publicly documented that Kyrie has been decrying hate towards any religion way before this happened... And again, Kyrie identifies as Jewish but the narrative is out there and all of a sudden he's hitler. As I said initially niketalk or most forums in general, isn't the place for these types of discussions due to a lot of people being unable to understand the nuances required to have these convos.

Back
Top Bottom