The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Beal can still be a decent top 2-3 guy on a good team though. Just shouldn’t be number 1.

Simmons doesn’t even play, and if he does, he’s a complete shell making $40M.

This is all true. I guess I evaluated it specifically from each team’s current situation and the landscape of the league. So Washington, for example, has to pay him $50MM per through 2027 AND he as a no trade clause :sick: While he might be a suitable 2/3, who would be willing to take that on with the new CBA about to kick in? Only team that immediately comes to mind is Miami - Duncan+Lowry+all draft assets for Beal. Lowry is an expiring and Duncan only makes $19MM for three seasons and probably could be moved before the end of deal if necessary. It would help accelerate the rebuild they are looking for.

I am probably one of the biggest Socialite Simmons detractors in this thread so it was hard to not pick him but Brooklyn is in NBA purgatory and it’s only two more seasons. Poole on the other hand is on a team that has had a championship roster for 7 out the past 9 seasons. Have to see what happens with Draymond in free agency as well as Klay’s extension but at $32MM over the next 4 years, I’m not sure he’s worth it for GSW.

So yeah, I agree with you that Ben is the worse player out of all of them, by far, but personally when I considered their teams and contract length, I decided to go Beal > Poole > Simmons. I honestly can’t knock someone picking any of those 3 and this coming from someone who has/had (blind) faith in the Summer of Refinement :lol:

Best and worst contract of these? (didnt include any that expire next year, cause they at least expiring contracts):

Ben Simmons 5yr 178mil until 2024-2025
Lonzo Ball 4yr 80mil until 2024-2025 (might never play?)
Jordan Poole 4 year 128mil until 2026-2027
RJ Barrett 4 year 107mil until 2026-2027
Beal 5 year 251mil until 2026-2027 (he'll be 33 final year)
MPJ 5 year 180mil until 2026-2027

RJ.

I was really surprised to see the NBA Finals logo wasn’t actually on the court and just added digitally on there for the broadcast. They couldn’t bother to put any Finals branding on the court?

It’s the league’s job to give him the suspension they see fit for his past conduct.

Not to guess at how he might conduct himself in the future and further, to let ‘that’ affect the suspension length. What the ****?

Jamal Murray had a game man. That's a guy who went to the film and took notes. The trap was pretty new and rattled him but otherwise he knew where the gaps were in the defense.

Jokic will be able to do whatever he wants every game, Murray is the guy who Miami can throw off his game and he handled it well.

Gotta keep a short leash on MPJ and just give his minutes to the committee.
I’d would rather have Bruce Brown out there then MPJ…He brings a spark and energy when given mins

Screenshot_20230608_200716_Chrome.jpg

HOLD UP........

......."Just" herpes?

Yall outchea thinkin da herpa derp is ok?

Sidenote im at work and some lady is moaning her *** off here in the cafeteria :lol:

Edit: :wow: @ her forehead

Best and worst contract of these? (didnt include any that expire next year, cause they at least expiring contracts):

Ben Simmons 5yr 178mil until 2024-2025
Lonzo Ball 4yr 80mil until 2024-2025 (might never play?)
Jordan Poole 4 year 128mil until 2026-2027
RJ Barrett 4 year 107mil until 2026-2027
Beal 5 year 251mil until 2026-2027 (he'll be 33 final year)
MPJ 5 year 180mil until 2026-2027

Simmons is easily the worst followed by Barrett.

I don’t see Porter Jr. making it through his contract without a significant injury.

Hopefully Lonzo can make it back to the court somehow.

Man has sex with women. The world continues to spin.
These girls are selling sex.

Stupid decisions by Zion, but nothing he’s doing deserves an apology.

It’s like the discussion we recently had on bullying. Athlete’s kids getting bullied for what their parents did or didn’t do on the court/field isn’t new. A young professional athlete have a child out of wedlock with a stripper isn’t necessarily new. But in 2023 those things are severely amplified in 2023 because of social media, 24/7 news cycles, the ease of access to information and people’s ever growing desire to be nosy and get jokes off for likes/lulz.

Which again makes Bron skating for two decades incredible :lol:

Simmons is easily the worst followed by Barrett.

I don’t see Porter Jr. making it through his contract without a significant injury.

Hopefully Lonzo can make it back to the court somehow.

Porter and Barrett are up the same year, Barrett makes ~9MM less annually, has untapped potential, you’re worried about Porter Jr making it through the contract without significant contract while RJ Barrett has played/started in 87% of his games….and you are telling me RJ is the worse contract?
1686270248108.gif

Worst….it’s really between Benjamin, Beal or Poole. As of the evidence I have seen to date, I can confidently say Beal is the worst because getting paid ~$50MM annually and never truly playing winning basketball as the #1 ain’t it. At least Dame has been to a conference Finals and has had his playoff moments.
Putting Beal in the same sentence as those guys is insulting.

Putting Beal in the same sentence as those guys is insulting.

I didn’t say he was the same caliber player as those guys and a few posts later went on to clarify that I do think he could be a 2/3 on a “contending” playoff team. But do you really think Beal @ $50MM annually through 2027 with a no trade clause on the Washington Wizards, who just stated they want to go into full rebuild mode, is a good contract?

I’m not talking about the player or the contract when it was signed. OP left off players that were expiring and explicitly stated when the deal ends so I took that to mean which is worse given the remaining value of the contract. I took the the current state of affairs of the player’s team into account as well.

I didn’t say he was the same caliber player as those guys and a few posts later went on to clarify that I do think he could be a 2/3 on a “contending” playoff team. But do you really think Beal @ $50MM annually through 2027 with a no trade clause on the Washington Wizards, who just stated they want to go into full rebuild mode, is a good contract?

I’m not talking about the player or the contract when it was signed. OP left off players that were expiring and explicitly stated when the deal ends so I took that to mean which is worse given the remaining value of the contract. I took the the current state of affairs of the player’s team into account as well.
IMO, regardless of the situation — Simmons doesn’t play basketball and Poole is a net negative basketball player right now. He’s a better contract than both of those guys by a country mile.

Ultimately nothing wrong with what Zion did, I mean Jimmy G did the same thing.... but Zion found himself in a situation where he didn't "pay her off" enough or tripped into a girl that would air him out on Twitter. Can't be messing with someone that's capable of that or you have to pay them off to not.

Back
Top Bottom