The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Think players shot themselves in the foot this CBA. That second apron really hurts and teams aren't going to go past it.
Before: luxury tax- owners say F it, I'll pay the extra tax and pay my guys more
Now: don't go past the second apron or you'll lose access to the taxpayer mid-level exception, prevented from signing a player waived during the regular season if that player's pre-waiver salary was larger than the non-taxpayer midlevel exception (about $10.5 million this past season), the salary-matching exception will be reduced from within 125 percent to 110 percent. Starting in the summer of 2024, any team "over the second apron will no longer be able to aggregate salaries to trade for a single player making more money, Teams over the second apron won't be able to include cash in trades. Continuously going over the second apron will also have major draft ramifications, and teams that go $10 million above the tax threshold will face far greater financial penalties.

They unintentionally agreed to a hard cap, when before it was a soft cap that was ignored and let guys get paid more. NBA players still getting paid bank of course, but this CBA was one step back. CJ McCollum got played

First off Zion would be BBQ chicken in NY media. You think Ja Morant was bad, Zion will say hold my beer, I got this. If his family care about him, Hell no to NY. Send that man to Purgatory in Portland.

Shaq really pulled off his own hiding behind the small tree meme

Buying that family a washer/dryer was a very altruistic deed but the timing of is hilarious and makes me feel like he’s trolling the internet

Man is worth 9 figures and picked up a part time job at a hardware store for some yambs. There’s level to this ****.

Would that Herro/Robinson package be available for Cryrie? I’d do that if I’m Dallas. Very least it gives them some more ammo for other moves.

Was this posted? Tf dude talking about. :lol:

i-dont-know-man-michael-che.gif

KAT made two third team All-NBAs, signed a super max contract and now thinks he's the same tier as Jokic :smh:

Back
Top Bottom