The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Morey takes a bad deal which the Clippers one definitely is even with Mann and Joel is outta there at the first opportunity.

My thing is Harden has a track record of showing is *** when he doesn’t get his way. Him intentionally coming into Houston out of shape and half assing it was just a bad look all around.

It’s one thing to request a trade. But doing so with multiple years left on the deal you willingly signed and then just intentionally dogging it to force them to trade you. What’s crazy is there were legit reports in Houston being interested in a reunion with him this offseason which is wild to me given the circumstances.

I don’t blame the Clippers or anyone for that matter for not making some appealing offer for a proven malcontent. I don’t blame any team that’s hesitant on offering him a big money deal or whatever they think he’s worth in terms of salary and years next offseason when he’s getting older and has a shaky track record as is.

Like unless Harden is content with whatever money he’s already made in the NBA and could care less about getting one final decent contract. Him showing up to Philly out of shape and openly half assing it is just hurting his future bag. You’re not in your 20’s and in your prime no more. Like I’m sure teams will overlook a player forcing their way out of a one situation if the talent is there. But when it’s repeated questionable behavior with different teams. Unless there’s specific language in the contracts. It’s definitely a proceed with caution situation.

And Morey seems like a prick too. He also seems like someone who won’t trade him just to trade him so it definitely creates for an entertaining game of calling each others bluffs in that regard.

Let’s get it!
8B22B11D-DE00-44CB-9E69-CF922823307B.jpeg

Morey takes a bad deal which the Clippers one definitely is even with Mann and Joel is outta there at the first opportunity.

But If Morey did Harden dirty on a handshake deal and created this issue how you think Embiid is viewing that?

Jim my guy. He literally could’ve just opted out

He tryna have his slice of cake and eat Moreys too

Sure we can Morey a liar. He did try to facilitate a trade, Clippers weren’t giving a real offer (Mann). But to say Morey is holding him hostage is BS. Jim could’ve freed himself

I feel like both parties are in the wrong.

But If Morey did Harden dirty on a handshake deal and created this issue how you think Embiid is viewing that?

Could Morey have lied? Sure. But Harden's actions in season (using bolting to HOU as a threat) and now this would lean most to believe he's trying to create leverage in a situation where he has none really.

I think Joel wants to win and taking a major step back right now isn't going to be viewed well especially after the Benjamin fiasco.

What is Philly’s plan with cap space? Especially when Maxey will be getting maxed this upcoming summer.

Can't really tell you the plan for next week let a lone next year.

Theme of the offseason

Screen-Shot-2018-09-12-at-5.54.45-PM.png

Lakers could put a pupu platter together for Jimbo too I feel like.

That DLo contract is what it is only for salary matching :lol:

Sixers need to punt

Easier said than done but Harris and harden aren’t long term pieces and they’re up

It’s over Breh, no point in muddying the books with bandaids who aren’t going to be much better

Considering that we actually have a 1st this year, I see this as the best path forward. If we can trade Tobias and Harden without getting any bad or long term contracts while also getting 1 or 2 first round picks. I wouldn't mind this strategy.

As much as Morey really sh*t the bed this offseason, Id trust him on a clean slate more than Elton, Colloangelo and Brett Brown.

Back
Top Bottom