The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

there's a shift going on with public opinion with regard to this specific issue. it's still not what it should be given how we're bombarded with campaigning that exalts one side and dehumanizes the other.

hopefully people continue to be more critical of these owners who force their harmful personal politics and biases into our entertainment.

Last edited:
The Celtics forward-looking payroll isn’t as bad as I thought
1696785661363.png

Repeater tax aside, they don’t really have to “worry” about money until the 2026 offseason (JT extension probably starts at close +$25MM per, add in $7.5MM for Payton Pritchard, Jrue’s resign number will be lower and not sure what happens with Derrick White)

1696785661363.png

Repeater tax aside, they don’t really have to “worry” about money until the 2026 offseason (JT extension probably starts at close +$25MM per, add in $7.5MM for Payton Pritchard, Jrue’s resign number will be lower and not sure what happens with Derrick White)
Think Jrue will get something along the lines of the Kyrie contract (three years-$120M). He'll have the Celtics over the barrel considering what they gave up for him and they can't replace him.

1696785661363.png

Wont have the same depth they've lived with the last couple years but Tatum should be at his peak years by then anyways

Think Jrue will get something along the lines of the Kyrie contract (three years-$120M). He'll have the Celtics over the barrel considering what they gave up for him and they can't replace him.

No way he’s signing for less than FVV

I hear y’all but he is 33 and will be 35 at the end of this current deal in 2025. Kyrie and FVV signed the deals y’all are mentioning at 31 and 29, respectively. I don’t know, man…..

Significantly more top end talent now. Bench guys just have to come in and play their roles. Hit open shots.

I hear y’all but he is 33 and will be 35 at the end of this current deal in 2025. Kyrie and FVV signed the deals y’all are mentioning at 31 and 29, respectively. I don’t know, man…..
Jrue can opt-out after this season. But I can also see him extending later this season when he's eligible.

Jrue can opt-out after this season. But I can also see him extending later this season when he's eligible.

Whether he does a midseason extension or waits until the offseason to opt out and sign a new deal, he will still be 34 in June. I am for paying the man in this instance because he will be irreplaceable but I struggle with a $40MM AAV like Kyrie or FVV because he will be 3-4 years older than they were this summer.

Don’t know what will happen and I’d give him whatever but this will be an interesting contract/negotiation to watch unfold.

Back
Top Bottom