The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

The Aaron Gordon stuff shouldn’t be surprising either. Folks were clowning him in the playoffs, but he was never supposed to be a high volume 2nd option anyways. Coincidentally he’s currently tied for 2nd in PPG with both Murray and MPJ at 16.4 PPG, but he’s tied with MPJ on attempts per game and behind Murray. That’s the perfect spot for him.

All he has to do though is make smart cuts and do the dirty work. Not asked to create for himself and others.

The Aaron Gordon stuff shouldn’t be surprising either. Folks were clowning him in the playoffs, but he was never supposed to be a high volume 2nd option anyways. Coincidentally he’s currently tied for 2nd in PPG with both Murray and MPJ at 16.4 PPG, but he’s tied with MPJ on attempts per game and behind Murray. That’s the perfect spot for him.

All he has to do though is make smart cuts and do the dirty work. Not asked to create for himself and others.
Think it’s been overlooked or forgotten because it was such a small number of games (6 or 7 IIRC), but the Nuggets looked really good right after the Gordon acquisition when Joker, Murray and MPJ were also available. They’re now finally getting back to that.

Don’t be intellectually dishonest, man. Yes, they are 11th but look at how tight the standings are with ~75% of the season left to play. They are right in the mix.
1669472083922.png

Crazy how stacked the West really is this year. Of the Top 8, Utah and Sac will fall off and GS and Minny will get in. GS probably finishes top 5-6.

Crazy how stacked the West really is this year. Of the Top 8, Utah and Sac will fall off and GS and Minny will get in. GS probably finishes top 5-6.
Kings are better than Minnesota. im not ready to argue that they're better than any other team in that graphic besides OKC (and i do expect Utah to tank), but theyre better than Minny

1669493887459.gif

His whole career trajectory would have been different if he would have just played to his strengths the entire time but better late than never.

Is he the current “#2” on the Nuggets?
Frank Vogel putting the Paul George comparisons in Gordon's head did him no favors.

Not sure, and to be honest it's probably more of a trade for the summer. But the Pacers are way under the cap so they can accept Collins' contract while sending out lesser money.
Yeah but if you’re trading Collins, I assume you’re going to want something helpful in return. Don’t see what Indy would give them. Stix and Duarte? Why would Atlanta do that?

Which of the Thunder, Mavs, and Suns are most likely to lose tonight?

I feel like this parlay offer is a clear setup

Kings are better than Minnesota. im not ready to argue that they're better than any other team in that graphic besides OKC (and i do expect Utah to tank), but theyre better than Minny

On paper Minny is "better" but theres just something wrong with that team so I wont be mad or be even surprised if Sac gets in, will be a huge deal to that franchise if they make the postseason.

Yeah but if you’re trading Collins, I assume you’re going to want something helpful in return. Don’t see what Indy would give them. Stix and Duarte? Why would Atlanta do that?
Big picture-wise, the Hawks have some decisions to make this summer (or by trade deadline 2024). May need to take a loss with Collins to help their books. Pacers should also have four picks in the top ~35 in the 2023 draft. Granted all in the 20s-30s.

On paper Minny is "better" but theres just something wrong with that team so I wont be mad or be even surprised if Sac gets in, will be a huge deal to that franchise if they make the postseason.
oh i woudn't go that far yet. we'll see how they're playing and record in like february but as of now i'd probably place them as 9th or 10th in the West, and then probably lose the play-in. without considering and wild trades or injuries in the West though

Yes, let’s just ignore that their .500 record isn’t 3 games back from the 1 seed with 62 games left to play. Even the East is tight within bands after the Top 2

1669490031518.png

It is way too early to tell but the point is that the reason he posted that is because there were a lot of rolling emojis and slander-filled posts when they were 3-7 but Steph & Klay been hooping & everybody quiet now

We still slandering the supposed GOAT PG with 2 hofers and the new Ginobili being .500 :lol:

We still slandering the supposed GOAT PG with 2 hofers and the new Ginobili being .500 :lol:

Saying Steph is playing with 2 “HOFers” as a means to say he has adequate help in 2023 is hella disingenuous. Yes, they will be first ballot Hall of Famers but they have visibly declined from any he level of play that made them Hall of Famers. Steph is just an alien is putting up his Year 7 numbers in Year 14. Maybe the same would be true of Klay and Dray had they not sustained injuries but there is no need to speculate because they are where they are - .500.

Which of the Thunder, Mavs, and Suns are most likely to lose tonight?

I feel like this parlay offer is a clear setup
Suns are a machine and the Jazz can’t defend.

Mavs are playing the Raps without Siakam & Scottie.

Which leaves the Thunder on the 2nd night of a b2b coming off of OT. Houston is a low IQ team on both ends (also on the 2nd night of a b2b but both at home) so it’s far from a lock.

Every Phoenix win makes Sarver more money. Congrats for rooting for them all you bigots

Saying Steph is playing with 2 “HOFers” as a means to say he has adequate help in 2023 is hella disingenuous. Yes, they will be first ballot Hall of Famers but they have visibly declined from any he level of play that made them Hall of Famers. Steph is just an alien is putting up his Year 7 numbers in Year 14. Maybe the same would be true of Klay and Dray had they not sustained injuries but there is no need to speculate because they are where they are - .500.

Wait you mean people can tell the difference?

But when it’s Bron the skeletons of Dwight, Melo, Russ can be added as help? Nah this is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom